For more information and to apply https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4287
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Number 00554
The Director of Institutional Research and Academic Effectiveness (IRAE) will be responsible for the leadership and development of a comprehensive institutional research program that will support the University’s mission and strategic initiatives. Under the guidance of the University Provost, the Director will facilitate evidence-based decision-making by planning, developing and implementing hands-on data analysis, interpretation of analysis, and preparation of reports for both internal and external use and distribution. Translation of data into usable information for the University community is a key function for this position. The Director will provide information and analytic support to the University’s administration and academic decision makers in order to facilitate strategic planning, policymaking, resource allocations, enrollment projections, and other processes requiring sound strategic analysis. The Director will be responsible for supporting the development and continued refinement of the University’s Academic and Strategic Plans. The Director will manage- and provide- data in support of all accreditation exercises. The Director of IRAE will report directly to the University Provost.
- Information and Analysis
- Data Development, Management, and Dissemination
- Institutional Effectiveness and Project Implementation
- Supervisory Duties
- Master’s degree from an accredited university required in educational research, or a quantitative research- oriented discipline i.e., education, social sciences, public health, business or related field required. Terminal Degree preferred.
- Five or more years of related work experience in assessment, institutional research, institutional effectiveness, research design, and implementation in a higher education setting, preferably with skills in predictive analytics for health professions education
- Extensive experience in preparing various accreditation reports with regional and national agencies
- Experience producing year-round IPEDS (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System) reporting
- Working knowledge of SQL Server databases and data pipeline processing
- Advanced knowledge of data visualization (preferably via Power-BI) to design, enhance, and develop visualized reports in various platforms, including but not limited to employing interactive dashboards
- Knowledge of and familiarity with higher education enterprise data systems and the ability to extract data and translate into useful academic reports
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Advanced proficiency in statistical analysis package such as SPSS, SAS, R, etc.
- Statistical and research methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal, administrative and communications skills
- Knowledge of higher education administration and accreditation
- Facility with computer systems, databases, and statistical analysis tools
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to design, organize, and analyzes complex programs and workflow processes.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently while tracking and meeting deadlines
- Strong writing and document assessment abilities, with demonstrated verbal, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community