Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, under the supervision of the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. The incumbent collects and analyzes institutional data to support strategic initiatives, effective decision-making, campus-wide assessment (e.g., curricular, co-curricular, institutional), program review evaluation, accreditation, and compliance requirements at the state, regional and federal levels. This position also includes generating and analyzing enrollment data, and preparing various information for registration, billing, and schedules as required. The full-time, twelve-month position includes excellent benefits.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Data Analysis and Reporting (60%)
- General management of enrollment data while working closely with Admissions and the Registrar’s Office to ensure clean data. Create, prepare, and maintain enrollment and retention reports, five-year projection models for internal budgeting, and weekly/monthly enrollment projection reports.
- Collect, maintain, manipulate, analyze, and submit student enrollment and retention data for institutional surveys including IPEDs, National Student Clearinghouse, and any additional federal and state requests.
- Produce tables, graphs, and/or communication analysis to display and summarize college data to support strategic decision making.
- Develop, create, modify, and maintain Infomaker reports to query specific data requests received by other departments and individuals to fulfill data needs for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Utilize external sources for data comparisons of benchmark schools for internal research, preparing and presenting oral or written data findings to end users.
- Ensure integrity, consistency, and quality of data used to represent the college in internal and external documents.
- Operates a variety of software packages used for data management, statistical analysis, and visual display of data; learns and applies emerging technologies as necessary.
- Collaborate with faculty and key staff in a process of continuous assessment and improvement.
- Manage the College’s assessment management software (Anthology ePortfolio) in collaboration with the Instructional Designer, Coordinator of Assessment, and IR Director.
General Duties (5%)
- Manage the schedule of institutional surveys, data/information requests, and prepare and distribute correspondence for the Office of Institutional Research.
- Participate in campus meetings, professional development activities, confers with campus constituents, and serves on committees as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and three years of effective experience; extensive computer knowledge on PC in Windows environment; advanced database and spreadsheet knowledge and experience; attention to detail and organizational skills; strong commitment to customer service. Prefer SQL experience and experience in higher education.
WARTBURG COLLEGE is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively seeks applications from women and members of ethnic and minority groups.