Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Please click the following link to apply:
71769BR - Mgmt Research Analyst Senior
Under administrative direction, performs institutional research activities involving the management and reporting of official data in support of university decision making and policy analysis.
Collects, processes, and maintains university information using various computer platforms and databases.
Creates data visualizations to assist university staff and senior administration with planning and evaluation functions.
Works collaboratively with other university offices on data requests related to enrollment management, academic program review, and strategic planning.
- Develops, maintains, and utilizes extensive data files using various database, spreadsheet, and analytics tools.
- Coordinates the design, development, and reporting of ongoing and ad hoc data requests for both internal and external constituencies.
- Builds and enhances student and employee dashboards based on university census data.
- Assists in the design and development of new databases and in the identification of new technologies that improve access to and use of university data.
- Provides technical assistance and consultation to administration, colleges, and departments as needed in support of university mission and goals.
Master’s degree in a related discipline and three years of professional experience in information analysis or other relevant field; OR, Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and five years of professional experience in information analysis or other relevant field; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of university organization and mission.
- Knowledge of data sources relating to institutional research and planning.
- Skill in using a variety of computer software applications for data management and data reporting.
- Skill in using database query tools and data visualization tools.
- Skill in graphic or tabular presentation of complex data.
- Ability to identify appropriate data sources and extract and manipulate data by designing, refining, and running complex data queries.
- Ability to engage in problem/issue identification, review, and verification to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment subject to changing and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-based environment.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
The mission of the University Office of Institutional Analysis is to provide the highest quality university information and support for the decision-making, planning, and reporting needs of the ASU community and beyond. The office strives to provide timely and accurate data to meet the needs of all internal and external requestors; to utilize technology for efficient, innovative delivery of our products and services; and to support partnerships and initiatives focused on the improvement of higher education.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Arizona State University offers a comprehensive benefits package at competitive rates to enhance the total compensation of its faculty and staff. This package includes low-cost health benefits for you and your family, wellness programs, disability and leaves programs for income protection, employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services, reduced tuition for you and your dependents, resources for employees with disabilities and a retirement program designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.