Please apply online at https://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/21899
Special Notes to Applicants
Please note all applications and any corresponding materials must be submitted by 11:59pm ET on the close date. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Director of Institutional Research and Analytics manages the Institutional Research unit and will partner with the leadership and staff of the other units within the functional area, and with stakeholders across the division to provide institutional leadership related to data analysis, reporting, and consultation. Reporting to the Associate Provost for Institutional Research & Planning, the Director serves as the Chief Institutional Research Officer for UNCW.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Social Science, Educational Leadership, Measurement/Evaluation/Statistics/Assessment, or other related field of study
- Five years of progressive administrative experience in higher education
- Three years of experience in supervising and managing diverse staff
- Demonstrated capabilities in customer service, project management, and strategic prioritization
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information and data to stakeholders ranging from frontline staff to senior officers
- Ability to serve comfortably in a key advisory role
- Data mining/modeling experience
- Knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, SAS, SPSS, Stata, or other statistical tools
- Knowledge of SQL
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Terminal degree in a related field of study
- Background in Knowledge Management, Information Systems, Data Science, or Informatics
- Seven years of progressive experience in data analytics in higher education
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with faculty, staff, and University Administration on major institutional initiatives
- Experience with Oracle Database and Ellucian Banner
- Knowledge of UNC System policies and data systems (e.g. DataMart)
A public institution with nearly 18,000 students, UNCW offers a full range of baccalaureate- and graduate-level programs, as well as doctoral degrees in educational leadership, marine biology, nursing practice and psychology; and many distance learning options, including clinical research, an accelerated RN-to-BSN program, an Executive M.B.A. program structured for working professionals, and the nation’s only bachelor’s degree program focused on coastal engineering.
The university’s efforts to advance research and scholarly activities have earned UNCW the elevated designation of “Doctoral Universities: High Research Activity” institution (R2 University) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UNCW has been part of the University of North Carolina System since 1969.
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington (UNCW), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.