Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities This position is open until filled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compilation and reporting of statutory data for state, federal and grants reporting
- Administer the College’s institutional data and manage data-based projects reporting for internal, governmental and private agencies from inception to delivery
- Initiate and conduct strategically aligned analyses to uncover insights that can be leveraged to improve institutional outcomes
- Survey administration and reporting.
- Spearhead the dissemination of data throughout the institution and community.
- Coordinate and prepare data submissions for external agencies where appropriate (e.g.., Achieving the Dream).
- Manage and lead various student success studies (e.g., Progression Completion analyses; student athlete outcomes, gateway course updates, bi-annual Transfer Study, Voluntary Framework of Accountability, etc.).
- Serve on College-wide committees as a resource to help advance initiatives and planning.
- Advance the application of analytics and reporting that promote operational efficiencies at the College and help drive innovation within the domain of Business Intelligence;
- Work with consultants and external partners to provide data and assistance on large-scale projects which have an effect on institutional policy/decision-making
- Coordinate data retrieval for surveys, student course evaluations and grant proposals.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
1. Education/Training/Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years related experience preferred in a college environment.
2. Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Capacity to work well with various constituencies on campus (faculty, other administrators, students, external community, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with databases and spreadsheets
- Proficiency with programming language, e.g. SQL
- Preferred experience with a Data visualization tool
- Familiarity with survey platforms
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently
- Work collegiality in a team work environment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizing ability for multiple tasks and projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Founded in 1964, our institution has grown with the community to meet the lifelong learning needs of Montgomery County residents, visitors and businesses. Known for academic excellence based on the successes of more than 65,000 alumni, we have been recognized multiple times for having the nation’s top faculty and for being the most technologically advanced community college in the country.
Our mission is clear: to offer a high-quality, affordable, accessible education that leads to relevant, rewarding transfer and career opportunities. The results are even clearer.
- Our students who earn associate degrees seamlessly transfer to many public and private colleges and universities throughout the region.
- More than two-thirds of our career graduates are employed in their fields of study.
- Our Health Sciences Program graduates consistently exceed the average national pass rate on their professional certifications — many programs have 100 percent of graduates passing on their first attempt.
Our comprehensive curriculum includes more than 100 associate's degree and certificate programs—including nearly a dozen online degree and certificate programs and several hybrid online/traditional programs—offered at our Blue Bell Campus, Pottstown Campus, The Culinary Arts Institute in Lansdale and online. We also offer plenty of career training and continuing education programs for learners of all ages and backgrounds.
Funded by Montgomery County, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and student tuition, we are governed by a 15-person Board of Trustees appointed by the Montgomery County Commissioners and are fully accredited by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. As a member of the Achieving the Dream: Community Colleges Count network, we are constantly honing research-based strategies that support student success. For several years we have been named to the national President’s Honor Roll for Community Service for our efforts to instill in our students the value of working for the betterment of the community.