Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research & Assessment, the Senior Analyst will help shape the Offices’ analytics strategy and help to grow the College’s institutional research infrastructure. As an integral member of the Institutional Research & Assessment team, the senior analyst will provide strategic analysis and data informed recommendations to multiple campus audiences, as well as develop a variety of dashboards, reports, and actionable metrics that address operational needs and answer complex questions. The ideal candidate will be an independent problem solver as well as an excellent communicator who can deliver results in straightforward terms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and monitor dashboards of survey results, strategic planning priorities, and custom research
- Build, deploy, and maintain reproducible code to efficiently clean data and develop final deliverables
- Coordinate and field the department’s annual survey initiatives (e.g., National Survey of Student Engagement, Senior Exit Survey, and Five Year Out Survey)
- Coordinate the Office’s annual survey reporting (e.g., IPEDS, US News, Princeton Review, College Board)
- Maintain the Office’s core annual data products (Quick Facts, Factbook, and Common Data Set)
- Provide support for the College’s accreditation processes and initiatives
- Conform with best practices in data privacy and data security.
- Stay current with the latest trends in statistics, econometrics, and machine learning, as well as data visualization techniques.
- Experience in R, Stata, or Python is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Shiny or other data visualization software is required.
- Experience with SQL and working with large databases is a plus.
- Experience with Qualtrics is helpful.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 products is helpful.
A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field and 3+ years of experience in an institutional research, market research, or an analytics role is required. A master’s degree and extensive relevant work experience is preferred.
Through its curriculum of liberal arts and sciences and pre-professional programs, Stonehill College provides an education of the highest caliber that fosters critical thinking, free inquiry and the interchange of ideas.
Stonehill College educates the whole person so that each Stonehill graduate thinks, acts, and leads with courage toward the creation of a more just and compassionate world.
Founded as a Catholic college in 1948 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, Stonehill’s holistic approach is guided by the principles of education and faith. Our students grow into global citizens who value knowledge, integrity and compassion as they seek to create a more just society.
Stonehill professors emphasize critical analysis and creative thinking while mentoring students in more than 100 academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences, business and pre-professional fields.
Located between Boston and Providence, Stonehill is a Massachusetts college that provides students with an array of research and internship experiences on campus and nearby metropolitan areas. Stonehill has earned national recognition for our international study and intern abroad programs, which present our students with a world of opportunities.