The Data Analyst will have a broad understanding of the important issues that currently exist in higher education including student success metrics and assessment and institutional assessment.
The Data Analyst will serve as a primary support for the integration of data visualization platforms through Power BI to support strategic decision-making and campus data literacy.
The successful candidate will perform analytics to make value out of our data using various sources, interpreting the results, and developing visualizations and presentations to provide insights that support college initiatives.
This will be accomplished by:
- Designing, conducting research and evaluation studies related to student success and institutional effectiveness
- Collaborating with campus stakeholders on a range of internal, grant-funded, and community-based initiatives
- Supporting the completion of a range of local, state, regional, and grant-related reporting
- Supporting the management of departmental ad-hoc data requests from internal stakeholders
- Developing and implementing dashboards around metrics of institutional success and other institutional needs
- Providing training to end-users on Cognos, the college’s data warehouse and reporting tool
- Representing the Department of Institutional Research and Analytics on various college-wide committees and projects, and in local, regional, and national affiliations
- Writing project documentation that outlines the criteria and steps involved in departmental projects
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years in institutional research, data analysis, report development, evaluation research project management, or assessment functions with demonstrated ability in research design and methodology, data collection and dataset creation, appropriate analysis, and reporting.
- Experience and skill gathering, editing, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience developing data dashboards (with Power BI or a similar tool)
- Demonstrated experience and skill compiling datasets, preparing reports, and presenting findings and recommendations clearly and diplomatically, and in a variety of formats
Established by the Nebraska legislature in 1973 following the merger of two separate and distinct institutions—Northeastern Nebraska College and Northeast Nebraska Technical College, Northeast Community College is a comprehensive community college offering vocational/technical, liberal arts, and college transfer degrees, together with continuing education courses. Northeast Community College is a modern, unique two-year college with its own identity and recognized as a world-class, rural community college. Northeast is located at the northeast edge of Norfolk, Nebraska, which is approximately 120 miles northwest of Omaha, Nebraska, located at the junction of U.S. Highways 275 and 81.