I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter
- Salary requirements
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted: if you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application. If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.
We are fully focused on equality and inclusion and believe deeply in diversity and all the fascinating characteristics that make us each unique.
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) is pleased to announce an opening for Director of Research and Public Policy. NACE advances the body of knowledge through a robust research program which makes a difference in the lives of the members we serve and the populations that are directly impacted by our member’s work. The NACE research program is critically important to the future of the profession in identifying trends, issues, and practices as well as data about the job outlook, salaries, internships, graduate outcomes, and career services and employer recruiting strategies and practices. Additionally, the Director collaboratively develops and advocates for NACE’s legislative and regulatory agenda by monitoring the activities of governmental bodies. Reporting to and working closely with NACE’s Assistant Executive Director, you will serve as a hands-on leader, facilitator, and resource for developing and implementing research and public policy strategies and practices. This is an exciting opportunity to address and contribute to real world outcomes for our profession and members.
What the Job Looks Like
As the Director of Research and Public Policy, you will have a unique opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the success of NACE, its members and the community as a whole through the following core job responsibilities:
Research Program Responsibilities
- Oversee the research program including research initiatives, staffing, and budget.
- Develop and implement an annual research plan, including income and expense forecasts; monitor budget to ensure that projections are accurate, and revenue and expense goals are met; recommend adjustments as needed.
- Plan and implement research projects.
- Supervise research staff to plan and implement research projects.
- Identify trends, issues, and practices that will affect the mission and strategy of the association.
- Provide consulting and customized research support for clients with special research needs.
- Identify potential research partners for new research initiatives.
- Collect key research conducted by individuals and organizations relevant to NACE’s mission and strategy.
- Proactively review and recommend technological tools, both hardware and software, to be used in keeping the NACE research department current.
- Present NACE research and/or public policy positions to the public through presentations at meetings, conferences, or webinars; through interviews with media outlets; and through written or oral public testimony before governmental legislative or regulatory hearings.
- Oversee the professional development of individual members of the department.
Public Policy Responsibilities
- Track legislative and regulatory actions on issues related to the employment of the college educated and the professional communities that serve the employment of the college educated.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with key federal legislative and executive staff; higher education and trade associations; and others engaged in the development and implementation of public policies affecting the college-educated workforce.
- Conduct policy analyses of legislative and regulatory actions that may affect the college labor market; college career center operations; or the operations of employers recruiting new college graduates.
- Work with NACE’s Washington, DC representative to promote NACE public policy positions.
- Serve as staff liaison to the NACE Advocacy Advisory Committee to draft issue statements and position papers.
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of professional experience in survey research, professional association, institutional research, or other research setting.
- Advanced degree in a research related discipline.
- Knowledge of research methods, analysis of trends, development of forecasts and scenarios.
- Ability to effectively lead and supervise.
- Ability to collect data through all research approaches, such as focus groups, surveys, online, etc.
- Ability to create research products resulting in revenue streams.
- Highly motivated with intellectual curiosity, solid work ethic, sound judgment and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to integrate knowledge and insights from many different sources.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, R, data visualization, and SPSS.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and give presentations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and expeditiously with staff, volunteers, and members.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrated experience working with public officials; trade groups; and others engaged in public issues.
- Ability to travel to Washington, DC throughout the year as needed
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) is professional association with 13000+ members representing 2000 college and 1000 employer organizations. NACE is the foremost provider of professional development and educational programs related to the career development and hiring of the college educated. NACE is the leading voice on emerging issues and trends; a vital professional network for learning and benchmarking; and a trusted source for knowledge, standards, competencies for professional practice, and advocacy pertinent to workforce policy issues. Visit www.naceweb.org to learn more.
Benefits and Perks
NACE employees receive a competitive salary and enjoy a work environment that values collaboration, innovation, and excellence. Additionally, employees receive an extremely robust benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off and vacation time
- 401(k) plan
- Generous medical, dental and vision plan (no premium for employee-only coverage and extremely reasonable rates for family coverage)
- Company provided short-term and long-term disability
- Company provided life insurance equal to two times annual salary