Position Summary Information
Essential Duties Summary
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Deliver policy and planning recommendations to the President, Provost, and other senior administration and constituencies to support the College's long and short term strategic goals.
2. Oversee and manage the staff of the Office Institutional Research and Assessment. Provide leadership for the office's work in alignment with institutional goals. Ensure that the staff responds to the data needs of the College in order to inform critical decision making.
3. Work closely with the Provost and the Faculty, developing, implementing, and managing practices for the assessment of student learning outcomes, general education goals, and pedagogic methods.
4. Determine priorities for analytical exercises for each academic year in consultation with the Provost and other academic areas; work with office heads to determine and support the data and reporting needs of various departments and programs.
5. Provide accurate and timely data reporting to local, state and national agencies and authorities including NYS Department of Education ( NYSED ), COFHE , IPEDS , and AAUP Compensation Surveys.
6. Undertake, advise and manage data analysis and assessment in support of College departments and Committees, and the strategic initiatives of the President, Provost, and Senior Staff.
7. Coordinate data gathering from students, administrative offices, faculty, staff, and alumnae throughout the College through the application and development of surveys and related tools.
8. Facilitate the collection and archiving of college data, figures, and reports, including those administered on behalf of the government and other external agencies.
9. Support and help lead the recurring Middle States Re-Accreditation Review processes and reporting.
10. Determine policies and procedures for the sharing of data and data storage.
11. Serve as a member of the Data Governance Council for the College to address data integrity, security, and risks related to College use and collection of data.
12. Serve as a member of the President's Council and other College committees as determined by the Provost.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualification Summary
• PhD or advanced degree in a discipline with a statistical focus.
• Minimum ten years' experience in institutional research and assessment in higher education or relevant related research experience.
• Five years of senior management/supervisory experience or relevant departmental or program leadership.
Posting Detail Information
Barnard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barnard does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis, and to the extent permitted by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
Open Until Filled
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Ma7jDKIzYLnYFelDFwROX