- Develop Tableau visualizations from existing campus data.
- The Analyst will work closely with the Director and Senior Analyst in IR to validate existing data sources for the visualizations and will be expected to provide end-user training to campus colleagues.
- The Analyst will be the Tableau lead within IR. Estimated percentage of effort is 40%.
- May include warehouse querying and reporting to support the Director.
- Reviewing IR reports for consistency and validity.
- Support ad-hoc requests and analyses of student enrollment, human resources, and/or financial data with respect to strategic planning.
- Service on committees, search committees, or other ad-hoc committees.
- Support to other units in Administration and Finance, Student Success, Academic Affairs, University Advancement, and Information Technology as needed. Estimated time of effort is 20%.
- Includes leading the administration, organization, analyses, and reporting of IR-sponsored surveys.
- Co-chair the UCCS Survey Committee
- Lead the administration and reporting for routine surveys like the Alumni Survey and national surveys such as the National Survey of Student Engagement and other ad-hoc surveys of UCCS students or employees.
- Use Qualtrics software for survey administration and to manage user accounts.
- The Analyst will be the survey lead within IR. Estimated percentage of effort is 40%.
- Baccalaureate degree in relevant field.
- Three years of experience in higher education or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience conducting survey research.
- Demonstrated experience building and sharing Tableau visualizations.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse people.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience working in an institutional research office.
- Familiarity with UCCS, CU System, and CDHE.
- Proficiency conducting advanced statistical analyses.
- Proficiency using Excel, SPSS, SAS or BrioQuery, Cognos, Banner or PeopleSoft, and Qualtrics.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and database management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially to lead Tableau training efforts.
- Ability for critical thinking and problem solving.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.