- Provide support with the implementation of the new-to-be-developed data and analytics platform by working with various university data stewards to make decisions on data models, data definitions, etc.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the databases in the centralized data and analytics platform, assist in building new data models, troubleshooting, and coordinating upgrades with the vendor partner and/or University IT.
- Develop queries to facilitate reporting needs of the office and the university.
- Identify, explore, and document legacy and new sources of data.
- Perform basic statistical analysis, such as descriptive statistics, correlations, and crosstabulations.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicator dashboards and reports for internal and external audiences.
- Support timely and accurate data reporting to federal, state, and other external agencies and document data reporting processes and updates.
- Assist in responding to ad-hoc data requests and projects.
- Serve as a liaison with the University Information Technology. Serve on the Data Stewards Committee. Represent ODSDI as appropriate to other campus partners and groups.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience preferably in higher education setting.
- At least 2 years’ experience in ETL/SQL or related experience
- Proficient with designing ETL processes and tools
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases that includes developing and maintaining both simple and complex SQL queries, managing data models, importing, and integrating data from multiple sources, and troubleshooting issues
- Experience with preparing data for use in analysis and data visualization
- Proficiency/Experience with the following is required:
- SQL coding
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Amazon Redshift experience is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools and software, such as Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos is highly desirable
- Proficiency/Experience with statistical software, such as SPSS, Stata, SAS, R, Python is highly desirable
- Experience with mandatory external survey reporting, such as IPEDS, US News, Common Data Set is highly desirable
- Knowledge of intermediate level statistics is highly desirable
This position will effectively collaborate with key business units to facilitate data management and reporting, assist with ad-hoc data requests, provide advisory assistance and training to campus constituents related to data models and reporting. In addition, this position will assist the Director of Data Governance and Data Integrity with the completion, verification, and documentation of external data reporting to federal, state, and other compliance agencies. This position should have solid knowledge and background in data warehousing, ETL, and business intelligence applications.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect, and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.