Please include a cover letter with your resume, and attach both in the resume section of the application.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Coordinate Veterans Administration communications and certification process. Ensure PeopleSoft setup for each certification year. Coordinate system setup updates with the Assistant Registrar for Compliance and Academic Records and the Assistant Registrar of Information Services.
- As a School Certifying Official (SCO), the Compliance and Business Analyst will also serve as a liaison between students and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) by reporting student enrollment information - term dates, credit loads, qualifying costs - to the VA in order for benefit payments to be disbursed to the student.
- This person will also work directly with students/families and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Review student's registration at the beginning of each term/semester to ensure compliance with VA policy.
- Create and review grade reports each term/semester to ensure students are meeting all academic and VA progress requirements.
- Assist with the review student's registration in accordance to NCAA and Ivy League rules to ensure compliance and athletic eligibility.
- Answer questions regarding current enrollment, benefits, payments and change of status.
- Assist Assistant Registrar of Compliance and Academic Records with the Veterans Administration registration of new or changing academic programs.
- Track students in institutional programs and notify Assistant Registrar of Compliance of any changes.
- Assist Assistant Registrar of Compliance and Academic Records with planning and providing additional institutional programs, events, and activities to support students.
- Assist the Student Records Senior Business Analyst with requirement gathering, documentation of project scope, collecting test cases and leading testing efforts for priority compliance work as assigned by the Deputy University Registrar.
- Investigate new functionality that could assist in streamlining business process and efficiencies across campus.
Bachelor’s degree plus 2 - 4 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in achieving and maintaining compliance, especially for especially Veterans Administration, NCAA, Ivy League and Federal Title IV Financial Aid.
- Knowledge and experience of techniques and use student information systems and common reporting tools like Oracle Analytics (OAS) or Tableau to determine solutions to resolve business needs and create and enhance business processes.
- Experience collecting requirements, documenting, and testing business processes.
- Exceptional analytical, reasoning, organization, and communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience working in a service environment with time-sensitive deliverables including critical data needs and reports.
- Experience in maintaining compliance with policies and/or federal and state laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Successful completion of New School Certifying Officials VA training within 30 days of start date.
- Demonstrated ability, including strong interpersonal skills, to work in a student support, service-oriented office with individuals and groups from a wide array of backgrounds, identities, life experiences, and communication styles. Must include a strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to concentrate in a busy office environment, pay close attention to detail, and prioritize workload in spite of frequent interruptions, and adapt to quickly learning new technologies, business processes, and procedures.
- Ability to juggle many different projects simultaneously, with consistent accuracy, follow-through, and timely completion.
- Excellent communication skills to express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to recognize and protect confidential information and exercise judgment, tact, and diplomacy in handling sensitive information and situations. Understanding of FERPA and other policies related to confidentiality.
- Experience working with VA-Once, ARMS, National Student Clearinghouse
- Experience working with student veterans in a University setting.
- Proof of authorization to certify to the VA [copies of VA Form 22-8794 (Designation of School Certifying Officials) and training certificates].
- Experience using PeopleSoft Student Records and Campus Community modules.
- Experience with reporting tools such as OAS and Tableau.
- Experience working in a Cornell student service office (such as Bursar, Financial Aid, Graduate School, or college registrar office.)