The Assistant Director for Assessment & Accreditation (henceforth referred to as ADAA) will help advance the research education, and continuous improvement missions of the college of engineering. The ADAA reports to the Director of Academic Analytics and is responsible for assisting in the gathering and formatting of university data for internal and external uses, for developing and shaping assessment processes and practices that align with the university mission, university and college strategic plans, as well as conform to accreditation needs of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education's Accreditation Standards/Characteristics of Excellence and similar accreditation entities in partnership with the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs. The ADAA acts in concert with the DAA to foster a collaborative culture emphasizing the continuous improvement of academic program quality offered by Drexel University including, but not limited to, quality assurance of student learning, program outcomes, instructional effectiveness, and retention efforts.
- Provide analytical support for efforts pertaining to implementation of
strategic growth opportunities, marketing initiatives, research
opportunities, learning assessment, recruitment and outreach, and
- Assist in the collecting and formatting of data for processing and
analysis for internal and external reports
- Assist in the preparation high-level reports, presentations, proposals,
etc. for internal and external consumption
- Assist in the continuous assessment processes for all college academic programs
- Support the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Affairs in all College of Engineering accreditation and certification efforts, as well as manage the scheduling of the 1st year engineering courses.
- Serve on the College of Engineering Assessment Committee and provide guidance and data support in developing and planning assessment activities
- Assist the departments/programs in their assessment activities (i.e.
accreditation self-study, preparation of reports, and institutional review
- Performing other duties as required
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- 1-3 years' of hands-on experience working on learning assessment and accreditation.
- Data analytics, higher education setting, familiarity with engineering curriculum and research.
- Ability to work independently with a commitment to high achievement and continuous
- Ability to contribute productively as a member of a team with common objectives
- Experience with high level project management
- Excellent organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with diverse colleagues across departments
- Familiarity with reporting, assessment, and evaluation software
- Knowledge of, and ability to carry out, statistical and data analysis (qualitative and
- Appropriately exercises initiative and sound judgment, maintains detailed and accurate
files and records, and maintain strict confidentiality in all situations
Drexel University offers comprehensive and competitive benefits to employees and their eligible dependents. Employees of Drexel University can enroll themselves and their dependents either upon hire (to be effective the first of the following month), during the open enrollment period or if they experience a qualified life event. Drexel strives to provide employees with happy and healthy lifestyles to foster a solid work-life balance. All employee benefits are explained throughout this section and listed on the following website: https://drexel.edu/hr/benefits/overview/?_gl=1*fx9lgi*_ga*MTEyOTI0NTA0LjE1OTgwMzEyOTE.*_ga_6KJ1PNLE19*MTYzMzU0NDQ4Mi4xNTYuMS4xNjMzNTQ3MTU4LjYw