An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Leads the research and analytics team, which includes supervising research analysts, labor market intelligence analyst, and data managers. Serves as liaison between College leadership and the research and analytics team.
2. Collaborates with data managers to ensure common data standards/practices and the highest levels of data integrity across the College. Ensures accurate data, analysis and reports are produced that accomplish intended results and ensures accurate records are maintained in Banner, Xenegrade, and other College information systems.
3. Provides guidance to the registrars and admissions staff to make informed decisions and system changes to maintain data integrity.
4. Safeguards that College data collection, reporting, and analysis processes are reliable, valid and ethical to improve student success and support: the College planning and budgeting process; the assessment of institutional effectiveness; student learning and the assessment of services that provide educational support; program review; college accreditation; and financial aid. Makes recommendations to the vice presidents for Academic Affairs and for Finance and to the President’s Council to inform institutional planning and policy decisions.
5. Conducts research and disseminates information about data benchmarks from local and national best practices.
6. Provides expertise in the design, administration, analysis and reporting of internal and external research instruments. Develops and designs surveys to collect student and other stakeholder feedback on College services and/or education. Analyzes report and makes recommendations based on survey results.
7. Oversees or prepares and submits all external surveys and reports for the College and campuses including, but not limited to: IPEDS, Voluntary Framework of Accountability, Middles States Annual Institutional Profile, SREB, Perkins and Gainful Employment.
8. Works with the associate vice president of Information and Instructional Technology to ensure adequacy of information systems in relation to institutional research efforts.
9. Represents the Office of Research and Analytics and the interests of the College in work with other higher education institutions, the State of Delaware, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, federal and state agencies, P-20 Council, and other stakeholders.
10. Supports the Strategic Long Range Planning process, which includes overseeing, producing and maintaining the College Fact Book, the external Institutional Research website and the internal reports available to faculty, staff and administrators on the portal.
11. Represents the College at external meetings, seminars, or conferences as appropriate, and at professional organizations related to institutional research, taking a leadership role where appropriate. Serves on multiple collegewide committees, including the Institutional Research Board, to provide institutional research expertise.
12. Develops and delivers presentations on Delaware Tech and institutional research to internal and external stakeholders.
13. Performs other related duties as required.