MCNY is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. Students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and submit proof. Individuals who qualify may request a medical or religious exemption. Questions regarding an exemption should be emailed to JSantiago@mcny.edu. Individuals granted an exemption will need to provide a weekly negative test for Covid-19.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
For more information about MCNY please visit the College’s website at www.mcny.edu
- Work closely with the Academic Assessment Committee to analyze the results of student learning assessments and to document recommendations emerging from these results
- Assist administrative departments to develop relevant outcome measures and performance indicators, and to document, track and implement recommendations
- Support the development of relevant metrics for strategic planning initiatives
- Gather data to support ongoing accreditation with MSCHE, CAEP and other programmatic accrediting bodies
- Coordinate the preparation and completion of government surveys such as IPEDS and NYSED
- Manage the administration and analysis of student course evaluations
- Supervision of periodic and ad hoc surveys (such as the annual Graduation Survey Report) and standardized learning assessments
Qualified candidates will have a master’s degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of five years of experience in higher education institutional research and assessment. This position requires excellent communication skills and analytic abilities; familiarity with educational technology and information systems; expertise with analytical and presentation software; understanding of trends in higher education and society; independence and initiative; and strong collaborative skills. Experience in the Middle States re-accreditation process is strongly preferred.
Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY), an innovative, non-profit college that offers a powerful model of Purpose-Centered Education, seeks a Director of Institutional Research and Assessment to work with college leadership to oversee the systematic acquisition and analysis of data and information to support strategic planning and institutional assessment and improvement. The Director also coordinates external reporting to meet state and federal reporting requirements and provides data required by granting and accrediting agencies.
MCNY’s social justice mission and its unique curriculum aim to prepare students for professional success and empower them to deliver positive change to their communities and workplaces. The college’s two campuses are ideally located on West Street in the Financial District and in the Hub district of the Bronx.
The position of Director of Institutional Research and Assessment is an exciting opportunity for an experienced higher education professional to make a meaningful difference in the lives of a diverse population of working adult students. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Director works in close collaboration with colleagues across the college to provide timely data and analysis to support planning and informed decision-making. The Director also coordinates the academic and administrative assessment processes, and supports the college’s accreditation efforts.
403 B Savings