Thank you for visiting the AIR Job Board. We are experiencing technical difficulties resulting in some job listings not appearing at this time. Rest assured, our team is working diligently to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Be sure to check back soon!
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter here.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Researcher focused on College and Career Pathways to join our expanding research team. This Senior Researcher will oversee and grow a portfolio of large scale quantitative and mixed methods research and evaluation projects with a focus on postsecondary access and success, career and technical education, as well as STEM. They are also experienced in developing and deploying innovative strategies for sharing research and evaluation findings in a way that promotes engagement among clients and other strategic partners.
- Lead business development efforts to generate new projects that substantially contribute to organization growth and sustainability
- Manage a portfolio of large scale quantitative and mixed methods research and evaluation projects
- Build strong, long-term, relationships with external clients and partners in the Northwest region and nationally
- Help partners and clients make strategic use of evaluation data in policy and programmatic decision making and change management efforts
- Work with peers to develop and institutionalize new and innovative ways to report research and evaluation findings and promote a high degree of use and strategic engagement among clients and partners
- Serve as project lead on a diverse portfolio of quantitative and mixed methods research and evaluation projects
- Lead project teams to carry out work of exceptional quality and model and mentor team members in project management, relationship development and client engagement
- Actively nurture and grow a robust professional network to increase mission-driven partnership and business opportunities for the organization
- Share ongoing work and lessons learned with others nationally working in similar spaces
- Collaborate with senior staff across the organization to develop new projects and proposals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- PhD in education, public policy, applied social sciences or related field
- 10+ years’ experience after earning doctorate degree leading quantitative and mixed methods research and evaluation projects
- Demonstrated success in building and leading a significant project portfolio through contracts, grants and other means
- Demonstrated expertise working with diverse clients including federal, state and local agencies and philanthropic organizations
- Deep experience leading quantitative and mixed methods and large scale applied research projects
- Strong project management skills and experience scoping and directing large scale projects and/or project tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following content areas: postsecondary access and success, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education and/or career and technical education
- Experience working in culturally diverse environments with a deep commitment to equity
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping improve outcomes for all learners with a special emphasis on children and youth. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities, advance the understanding of the learning process, and empower learning communities to create value for students. While most of our work centers in the Pacific Northwest, our work has increasingly expanded beyond our borders to serve clients and partners across the nation.