Applies skills as a seasoned, experienced data / information management professional with full understanding of data warehouse methodologies, and provision data in ways that enable modern end user practices such as visualization, advanced analytics, data prep, and self-service data access. Ability to resolve complex and wide-ranging issues where analyses of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Demonstrates competency in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions. Evaluate and improve existing BI systems. Experience with database analytics system consisting of an enterprise data warehouse (EDW) built on an analytic database platform providing parallel processing, partitioning, scalability and optimization features geared toward analytic functionality.
- Applies professional and broadly defined business analysis and data / information administration and data use concepts to manage and perform complex assignments. Optimization of data models, queries, views to support data processing and reporting requirements. Designing and writing PL/SQL for Oracle databases and hands-on experience in database and SQL performance tuning.
- Design data models with data modeling techniques, including 3rd normal form, dimensional data models, facts, star/snowflake schema, etc. Develop OLAP cubes for data store. Perform independent audits and reviews and validate databases to ensure data integrity. Facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community.
- Implements related business processes, develops logical data models, dimensional data models and schema for the scope of a project or a component of a project. Develops data mapping specifications and extract-transform-load (ETL) designs. Independently designs information transformation processes. Designs and implements capture of metadata from technical processes such as software design and database management. Use Oracle Data Integrator 12c for data migration (cloud to cloud or cloud to local platforms).
- Develop models using Cognos Framework Manager and reports with Cognos Report Studio. Independently design information transformation processes. Design and implement capture of metadata from technical processes such as software design and database management.
- Develop dashboard using Tableau, Power BI, or other data visualization tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field and three years of progressively responsible related experience or equivalent experience/training.
- Four years of progressively responsible related or equivalent experience/training. (Preferred)
Ranked among the best public universities in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, UC Merced is uniquely equipped to provide educational opportunities for highly qualified students from the San Joaquin Valley and throughout California. The campus enjoys a special connection with nearby Yosemite National Park, is on the cutting edge of sustainability in construction and design and supports the economic development of Merced and the region.
In Fall 2016, UC Merced broke ground on a $1.3 billion public-private partnership that is unprecedented in higher education. The Merced 2020 Project nearly doubled the physical capacity of the campus, enhancing academic distinction, student success and research excellence. In 2018, UC Merced opened the Downtown Campus Center, a $33 million, three-story administrative building located in the heart of Merced.
To set the course of UC Merced’s evolution, in 2021 UC Merced will enact its first-ever 10-year strategic plan. This plan will guide how the values of equity and justice influence our pathway toward earning Carnegie R1 research status, growing enrollment, upholding our identity as a minority-serving institution, and operationalizing how commitments to equity, diversity and inclusion are enacted within each campus unit. UC Merced is expected to engage in sophisticated thinking, planning, and implementation of actions that effectively diversify the professoriate and staff, improve campus climate for all campus constituency groups, and strengthen our equity, diversity, and inclusion infrastructure and capacity.