Thank you for visiting the AIR Job Board. We are experiencing technical difficulties resulting in some job listings not appearing at this time. Rest assured, our team is working diligently to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Be sure to check back soon!
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL INCLUDE:
1) Your letter of interest
2) Your resume
Apply at: Apply OWU - Research Analyst
The Research Analyst manages, analyzes and generates reports on key institutional data. The Research Analyst works with stakeholders to define, carry out, and report on research studies. This position requires a positive attitude, an ability to collaborate, a desire to improve and simplify processes, an eagerness to learn new software, dashboard tools, and a hunger for accuracy and completeness.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data Stewardship - developing systems and processes for collecting, maintaining, and reporting key institutional data
Research and Analysis - working with stakeholders to plan, carry out, and disseminate research studies; using analyses to influence decision making; using tools such as Qualtrics and Power BI; managing the administration of university-wide surveys.
Reporting and Presentation – data work involving - Structured Query Language (SLQ); designing, implementing, and maintaining self-service dashboards (Power BI); completing local, state, and federal surveys, including Integrated Postsecondary Data Systems (IPEDS).
- Bachelor’s degree in social, behavioral, or educational sciences, data analytics, computer science, business or accounting.
- Effective written communication skills
FACTORS CONTRIBUTING TO SUCCESS:
A successful candidate will bring many of the following qualifications, to the position:
- At least two (2) years of experience in applied research, assessment, data analysis or decision support; or Master's degree work in social, behavioral, or educational sciences, or a related area involving analytical and social science research skills.
- Experience applying quantitative research methodology and interpreting multivariate statistics.
- Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL) to extract data from databases and merging multiple sources of data to perform analyses
- Experience developing data visualizations and dashboards in Power BI, Tableau, or similar software
- Experience using statistical tools such as SPSS, R, SASS.
- Experience with online survey research tools such as Qualtrics; experience in survey design
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, and Microsoft Access
- Experience preparing material for higher education reports (e.g. IPEDS, AAUP)
WHAT WE OFFER:
Ohio Wesleyan University offers a rewarding place to work! To discover why this should be your next work home, visit our website. Learn more about our benefits at Discover our Benefits.
As an equal opportunity institution, OWU has a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We do not discriminate on any basis including: race, religion, color, culture, national origin, sex and/or sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, economic barriers, or any other legally protected factor.