Thank you for visiting the AIR Job Board. We are experiencing technical difficulties resulting in some job listings not appearing at this time. Rest assured, our team is working diligently to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Be sure to check back soon!
Find a Job/Staff positions/prospective employees/View All Jobs/Search Jobs “39358”
Please Include Cover letter and resume
• Lead, manage, and perform design, testing, and implementation of tables and data sources including admissions and applications, graduation and retention, and other student, faculty, and institutional lifecycle data.
• Collaborate with data analysts across MU to improve the functionality of the data sources and ability to easily access, report, and share information.
• Lead and manage the development and maintenance of automated interactive public-facing and internal-facing reports and dashboards that are easy to access and navigate.
• Maintain stakeholder relations and effective communications, ensuring understanding of needs and expected deliverables.
• Contribute to data governance effectiveness, documentation and approvals.
• Advise on best practices and key decisions impacting the University’s long-term effectiveness strategies.
• Provide leadership in data architecture and technical specification projects.
• Identify and communicate new resources, analysis and context around student and faculty data for the University of Missouri campuses.
• Develop and administer data management policies and processes for UM System.
• Manage project teams and high priority initiatives.
• Research and troubleshoot data inconsistencies; resolve issues for long-term sustainability.
• Accountable for strategies and polices to ensure data consistency, accuracy, timeliness, validity and completeness.
• Develops procedures and processes to certify data quality for institutional purposes.
• Consults with leadership to prioritize data requirements and specifications.
• Designs tools, processes and workflows to capture knowledge, find information and maintain its relevance.
• Actively promotes a knowledge sharing culture and value proposition while generating awareness of data and information initiatives throughout the system.
• Provide predictive analysis to inform tactical decisions for institutional, faculty, and student data management.
• Leads the development, analysis and production of recurring and ad hoc reports to facilitate data-informed decision-making at all levels of MU and UM
• Provide quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to guide decision-makers.
• Perform more complex modeling and regression analytics to optimize planning for future scenarios.
• Creates forecasts and recommendations based on data and industry knowledge.
• Oversee the work of the analysts who provide the reports, dashboards, and analysis and who perform or support the validation of data for UM System.
• Develop short and long-range operating objectives, staffing requirements, and succession plans.
• Manage departmental operating budget.
• Provide coaching, performance feedback, supervision, and effective team development.
• Ensure a positive, collaborative, productive, and results-oriented work environment.
A Master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Ideal candidates will have a PhD, 10 years of data management or relevant Data & Analytics experience with at least 5 years of leadership experience within higher education or comparable industry.
To be successful in this position, the following skills and abilities are needed:
Master knowledge of Data Management tools, techniques and programming languages
• Demonstrates advanced understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules
• Advanced SQL knowledge
Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
• Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team and leadership.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
Able to expertly diagnose root causes, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively with business/functional and technical teams.
• Able to break a problem down into manageable pieces, evaluate potential risks/alternatives, and implement effective, timely solutions.
• Carefully evaluates alternative risks and solutions before taking action including escalating situations as appropriate.
• Demonstrates sound decision making and problem resolution skills.
• Optimizes the use of all available resources.
• Often consulted by team members and/or partners for problem resolution and guidance.
Able to promote, maintain, and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives and engage stakeholders.
• Able to influence project stakeholders and team members.
• Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
• Able to develop and leverage business and/or vendor partnerships, consult on business priorities, and optimize value through solution identification aligned with business objectives, goals, and future data direction.
Planning and Project Management:
Demonstrates ability to identify critical project tasks and establish clear priorities while keeping the overall strategy in mind.
• Effectively communicates risks, issues and escalates appropriately.
• Able to accurately estimate the tasks and resources needed to complete assigned project work.
• Demonstrates ability to understand relevant costs associated with assigned project work.
• Exhibits team leadership and demonstrated ability to set the team’s goals, objectives and priorities.
• Accountable for providing feedback and/or coaching.
• Strong influencer and/or consulting skills; builds consensus among a diverse group of enterprise-wide stakeholders.
Established in 1839, the University of Missouri knows what it means to be first. We were the first public university west of the Mississippi River. We are home to the world’s first journalism school. We started the tradition of homecoming. As a flagship, land-grant institution and one of only 65 universities across the U.S. and Canada to be a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, we are a campus where empathy, innovation and hard work combine to solve the world’s grand challenges. Our community of students, faculty and staff enhances bovine reproduction, composes award-winning music and generates life-saving radioisotopes in the most powerful university research reactor in the country. We tackle diverse problems because Missouri is a diverse state — from the southern Ozarks to the northern plains. We’re perfectly at home in a state that’s pronounced two ways, among small towns and thriving cities. This is where opposite ideas attract incredible opportunity… where grand challenges are solved around columns of strength… where rigorous study meets the real world.
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
Commensurate with education and experience.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
Diversity CommitmentThe University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.Equal Employment OpportunityEqual Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.