Qualified candidates will be provided the complete job description during the interview phase.
Apply at Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research (paycomonline.net).
The Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research is responsible for overseeing a comprehensive program of institutional research and analytics designed to support the mission of Indiana Tech by facilitating informed decision-making, leading data-driven strategic planning, meeting mandated reporting requirements, and promoting the use of analytics by all employees to foster institutional effectiveness.
The director reports directly to the president of the university and leads the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research team comprised of an Institutional Research Data Analyst and a Quality Assurance Project Manager.
The director works across the University to increase collaboration and consistency regarding the use of data and assists stakeholders with data-driven decision making. The director participates in setting, evaluating, and reporting key performance indicators across the University. The director works collaboratively to support the University's strategic planning and quality improvement efforts by focusing on improving the performance of processes that impact institutional effectiveness.
The director is responsible for planning, analyzing, evaluating, and reporting on internal and external data requests and works closely with colleagues that coordinate enrollment, assessment, accreditation, and grant-funded initiatives. The director develops and manages information systems and databases to support institutional research activities. The director oversees compliance and works with University constituencies that are responsible for meeting compliance requirements from state, federal and other external entities.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities - selected duties
- Serves as the president's think-tank by evaluating internal and external key performance indicators and informing the direction of strategic initiatives.
- Provides custom research and analytical decision support to senior administrators, including the president, vice presidents, and deans.
- Leads a cross-functional team of data stewards to develop and manage an institution-wide data strategy, provides easy and appropriate access to data, and assures data quality.
- Collects, compiles and reports data required by state and federal governments, regional and specialized accreditors, and other external constituencies (e.g. NAIA, US News & World Report, IPEDS, bondholders, insurers, funders, funding proposals, and other reports).
- Compiles an annual university factbook containing present and historical data and statistics from many different areas of the institution.
- Collects, analyzes, and communicates institutional data for use in planning, performance improvement, and benchmarking surveys.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree; Master's or Doctoral degree preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in higher education
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Knowledge of statistical and analytical survey instruments, protocol, and procedures
- Expertise in Jenzabar (preferred) or other higher education administrative platform
- Knowledge of higher education institutional and programmatic accreditation processes
- Commitment to ethical practice
- Minimum 5 years of successful and progressively responsible analytics leadership experience, including experience in higher education
- A research-oriented, inquisitive mindset, with a proactive, audience-centered approach to data requests and needs
- Experience with the requirements and process for state and federal governments, as well as relevant accreditors
- Demonstrated operational expertise with data management systems, data analysis, and reporting
- Experience in developing systems utilizing technology and software in the administration of student success programs
- Experience preparing data and analysis to support strategic planning initiatives
- Demonstrated success in communicating successfully with a range of stakeholders thus facilitating the use of data to inform planning on multiple levels
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, and to work collaboratively and independently toward project completion
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan.
Indiana Tech provides a full benefit package including insurance benefits, a 10% contribution to retirement, unlimited tuition remission for the employee, tuition exchange, generous time off, free retirement and financial advising, free financial wellness resources, and a great place to work!