Data and Research Analyst
- Access, collect, refine, and manage data from internal and external information systems, surveys, etc., and create reports with research findings.
- Assist with compilation and completion of state and federal reports, including but not limited to ICCB, IPEDS, HLC.
- Prepares standard reports for areas undergoing annual program review.
- Assists the faculty assessment committee in planning and analyzing studies of student ability in the General Education Outcome areas.
- Assists the financial aid office in organizing and reporting student aid data.
- Organize, compile and analyze data requests as needed for other College departments; visually and narratively interpret the results of research and analysis based on the needs of those requesting data or target audience; consults with internal college constituencies to determine and clarify data, reports and research requirements.
- Assist with the data requirements of grant proposals and annual reports of awarded grants.
- Assists in administration and analysis of institutional surveys and other data collection needs (e.g., CCSSE, National Benchmarking, external surveys, etc.).
- Assist with external requests for data through the completion of the Common Data Set, and PDP report for NSC.
- Represent the Office of Institutional Research on institutional committees or meetings when needed.
- Revise and update the IR website/Portal page.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a research-based or data-analysis based discipline. Minimum of two years of experience in research, data analysis, and statistical interpretation in higher education setting. Applied knowledge of statistical methodologies, quantitative and qualitative research methods. Strong data management skills; experience using relational database systems preferred. Ability to assess data integrity. Ability to work with campus departments to resolve/reconcile data issues. Ability and initiative to learn new computer skills and programming. Proficiency in statistical analyses software and data management in Excel, data visualization tools, web based data application tools (Business Intelligence), database query reporting tools (SQL), and Microsoft Office software. Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel preferred. Good judgment, discretion, and ability to maintain integrity with confidential information/data (FERPA). Must be able to multi-task and work with deadlines, be organized, dependable, and detail-oriented. Ability to work with little supervision. Excellent analytical, oral, writing and presentation skills. Ability and initiative to learn the breadth of office functions and be prepared to cover tasks of the office leader when needed.
Master’s degree in a research-based or data-analysis based discipline. Three to five years higher education institutional research experience. Experience with Illinois Community College reporting requirements. Knowledge of Colleague ERP system. Previous assessment and grant reporting experience. Understanding of student achievement metrics, FAFSA data, and research methodology.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and truth.
Morton College at a Glance – Morton College
Morton College is a Community College bordering Chicago with a Hispanic Serving Institution designation. Our administration is very supportive of data-based decision-making and we are always looking to improve our systems.
Morton College offers candidates the potential to have a rewarding career. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and a pleasant, yet productive, work environment. Morton College is proud of its diverse work force and we are glad to exhibit the true spirit of a “community” college.
This is a full-time position eligible with a robust benefit package. The benefit package includes, health, dental insurance, long-term and life insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays and educational benefits.
Application Due Date: 2022-01-31
Job Start Date: 2021-02-15
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Institution: Morton College
Reports To: Associate Dean of Institutional Effectiveness
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Institutional Research
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
Top of List Post a Job