Collect, design, analyze, report, and present institutional data related to various internal and external sources.
The Institutional Research Office is in charge of producing official reports to various external agencies, and rolling out reports and dashboards to a broad set of colleges and offices on campus. As such, the Research Analyst position plays a significant role in making sure that data and information produced by the Office of Institutional Research is delivered accurately and efficiently internally and externally.
Based on the nature of this position, the university is unable to provide sponsorship for work visas.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Institutional Research, the Research Analyst is responsible for:
- Analyze data from University systems and publicly-available sources to create reports for campus stakeholders. Reports may include tables, charts, dashboards, executive summaries, or others as needed.
- Work with large and complex data sets, including extracting, merging, cleaning, and transforming data to meet reporting needs and maintain historical records.
- Provide decision support through research and analysis to support policy decisions, program needs, and program effectiveness.
- Survey research analysis, which includes survey design, administration and logistics, compilation of data results, presentation and visualization of results.
- Responding to institutional surveys externally, such as IPEDS (U.S. Dept. of Education), Higher Learning Commission, U.S. News & World Report, among others.
- Assist in peer institution analysis and benchmarking activities through querying state and national databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in field that involves statistical analysis, scientific method, and survey research, such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Social Sciences or other similar disciplines.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- One (1) year of experience in data analysis, including the management of data sets and the generation of reports from large databases.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Master’s degree in field that involves statistical analysis, scientific method, and survey research, such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Social Sciences or other similar disciplines.
- Higher education experience.
- Experience designing, maintaining and publishing dashboarding tools, such as Tableau, or data coding such as SAS, SPSS, or SQL.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).