This position is hybrid work, with a possibility to remote work after settling in.
- Develop data environment to satisfy reporting, operational, and business needs.
- Work with campus constituents to develop new BI reports, dashboards, and data visualization tools using best practices (technical specification, project management documentation, version control, internal validity testing, end-user acceptance) to provide business intelligence objects that are clear, accessible, and user-friendly across various technology platforms and end user skill levels.
- Identify and utilize appropriate data sources (e.g., historical, transactional, operational) and understand the life cycle of those data to ensure end users are provided accurate information in a clear manner to satisfy their business needs.
- Integrate data from disparate data sources (SIS, RM, LMS, internal data stores) to build data structures and implement sound data warehousing techniques to populate and store data securely, accurately, and efficiently.
- Perform data audits and data validation, build data integrity checks to identify data quality issues and work with appropriate staff to resolve those issues as needed.
- Develop documentation and instructional and training materials that will help constituents navigate BI solutions and consume information efficiently, including maintenance of a data dictionary to promote a culture of data literacy and data governance.
- Provide appropriate levels of access to data and developing processes notifying end users of updates, edits, trainings and process failures related to data and BI tools.
- Assist in identifying new or enhanced reporting solutions that will enhance and create efficiencies for OIR staff and campus constituents.
- Collaborate with OIR colleagues to determine and respond to data needs, changes to existing reports, and creation of new reports. Review existing processes and work with OIR colleagues to gain efficiencies.
- Work with Advanced Data Analytics and OIR team members to ensure timely and accurate submissions to meet Annual Data Collection Plan requirements.
- Respond to internal and external requests for analytic information by creating queries and developing reports.
- Stay informed of business practice, data structure and technology changes impacting BI.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or Bachelor’s degree with comparable work
- Personality traits: Team-oriented, Problem-solving skills, Effective communication
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a professional setting with the following technologies/tools are required:
- SQL or SAS Programming
- Data Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Development of data structures
- MS Access, MS Excel
- Data Visualization software
- Knowledge of following is required
- Data governance
- Creating Technical specification/documentation
- University data & its reporting needs
- Data Warehouse (design/management)
- Nice to have experience with the following technologies/tools:
- SAS Viya Visual Analytics
- SAS Data Integration Studio
- SAS Data Management Studio
Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances West Chester University’s educational mission and strategic Plan for Excellence. West Chester University is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.