An employee in this classification performs work of moderate difficulty by serving as the Institutional Research Office lead in quality control testing for the College’s data warehouse, and to assist the Senior Director of Data Quality in preparing, coordinating and managing external data submissions. Work is distinguished by the ability to work with sensitive and private data and maintain the highest level of confidentiality and ethical consideration. General supervision is received by the assigned manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field with a minimum of two years of experience in an educational setting or relevant research experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Good knowledge of the development, management, and use of relational databases and in querying, creating and maintaining working datasets from an ERP/student information system (e.g., Ellucian Colleague, Banner, etc.)
- Considerable skills working directly with data warehouse or data management systems and using one or more common query/reporting tools (e.g., SSMS, SQL, TOAD, Cognos, SSRS, Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Considerable skills with statistical software, such as SPSS (preferred or SAS or R):
- Considerable skills in using data visualization software, such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Considerable skills in presenting and discussing statistical analysis and research findings to a wide variety of audiences with varying levels of statistical understanding
- Considerable skills in analyzing problems and developing creative and innovative solutions.
- Considerable skill in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access and Publisher
- Considerable skill in organizing work to meet established deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Considerable skill in interpersonal interaction to be applied to a variety of individuals with differing education, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Considerable skills in verbal and written communication to a variety of audiences.
- Considerable skill in operating a personal computer, applicable software and peripheral equipment as well as learning and adapting to new and updated programs and technology.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends when required by the department’s needs.
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Application Due Date: 2022-03-01
Job Start Date: 2022-03-01
Salary: $49575 - $49575
Institution: Elgin Community College
Reports To: Senior Director of Data Quality
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Institutional Research
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
Top of List Post a Job