Link to job posting on the Alfred State College website: https://alfredstate.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=140755
Returning applicants may login to their Alfred State College Careers Account to apply for this position. See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
The following documents MUST be submitted to be considered for this position:
- Cover Letter
The Office of Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness (OIRPE) at Alfred State College invites applications for the full-time position of Institutional Research and Planning Assistant (SL3 in the SUNY Professional Services Negotiating Unit). The Institutional Research and Planning Assistant will provide support and assistance in several key areas within OIRPE.
Essential functions include:
- Collect data for external Surveys and Guidebooks like College Board, Princeton Review, Peterson's, Wintergreen Orchardhouse, Barron's, U.S. News and World Report, etc.
- Collect data and perform data verification for key mandated state and federal data submissions, particularly SUNY Institutional Research Information System (SIRIS) data reporting, NYSED reporting, and federal IPEDS reporting (including special IPEDS projects).
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of key OIRPE semester-based data sets; Admissions, Student, Course, Degree, Financial Aid, and Faculty/Staff.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of the OIRPE website
- Assist in the collection of data for internal Alfred State College data requests.
- Provide support with the administration and data collection of key surveys such as the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), the Student Opinion Survey(SOS), the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education (COACHE), etc.
- Creation of tables and charts for reports and analyses.
- Provide assistance with the preparation of written reports, summaries, and presentations.
- Provide support for SUNY Program Development Process; assist in the coordination of internal and external processes of program development and submission to SUNY and NYS Education Department.
Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 80 majors, where project-based learning, sustainability, and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on real-world problems, they learn how to think, not what to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
Our faculty is dedicated to teaching and the academic success of our students. Alfred State seeks educators who are student-centered and engage in the life of the College. Our tenure process emphasizes teaching and university service with a more flexible approach to scholarship and professional growth.