Visit our Web Site at www.qcc.edu/human-resources for information about our college.
All applicants must apply online by submitting:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI/SORI) request.
Quinsigamond Community College only accepts application materials through our online application system. We are unable to accept application materials through mail, email, fax, or hand delivery. If you don’t have access to a computer, please visit Human Resources Office Monday- Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm.
Quinsigamond Community College understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-854-2883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
Diversity, inclusion, and equity are core values at Quinsigamond Community College. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive, respectful, and equitable environment for all students, staff, and faculty. Every member on our college campus enriches our diversity. We support inclusion and are dedicated to ensuring equity in access to opportunities.
Quinsigamond Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
QCC will require all students, faculty and staff to be fully vaccinated by January 2022. Face coverings are required while indoors on campus.
For addition information on COVID19, please visit: https://www.qcc.edu/HealthySafeCampus
The Office of Institutional Research and Planning is a service oriented, collaborative office that provides data and analyses that help the college reach its goals as outlined in the institution’s strategic plan. The office responds to ad hoc research requests and coordinates reporting efforts of IT staff and data stewards to fulfill accreditation, grant, federal and state reporting requirements. It supplies access to data through business intelligence and data visualization tools; co-leads strategic planning efforts; manages surveys; prepares and presents analyses to the Cabinet and Executive Teams, among many other responsibilities.
The Data Analyst/Business Intelligence Specialist will report to the Dean, Institutional Research and Planning, and collaborate closely with IT staff, data stewards, and members of the IRaP staff to ensure access to data for the purpose of assessing institutional effectiveness. Among other analytical duties, the Data Analyst/Business Intelligence Specialist will support the research and reporting requirements for the Success Scholars Initiative, a state supported initiative committed to equity and inclusion through effective wrap-around support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with IRAP team members to capture data from institutional data systems and make it accessible through programing languages such as (SQL, DAX) to IRaP staff for the purpose of reporting, analysis, and business intelligence.
- Develop and oversee ETL integration processes by monitoring daily imports, ODBC connections and event / error management.
- Coordinate efforts between data stewards and IT to systematize the collection of data required for state, federal, and other mandatory reporting requirements.
- Automate processes for routine reporting to improve efficiency.
- Collaborate with data stewards to ensure data integrity.
- Maintain SQL server views and update stored procedures.
- Translate business logic and requirements into useful and accessible data views and stored procedures.
- Develop and deploy reports, datasets, and dashboards via Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos, Excel, or other appropriate tools.
- Develop, maintain, and modify dashboards to report requested data sets to varying audiences- using SQL Server Reporting Services, PowerBI, and Tableau.
- Develop, document and/or maintain databases and processes.
- Fulfill data requirements for grant proposals.
- Prepare and submit federal and state reports including grant reporting.
- Ensure accurate, timely, and consistent reporting of institutional data and performance indicators.
- Gather and prepare data to support planning and reporting functions related to accreditation processes .
- Assist with data collection, analysis and reporting related to institutional effectiveness; respond to ad hoc research requests.
- Participate in data management efforts.
- Work actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respect the function of dissent in an academic institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of campus collaboration.
- Embrace the ideals of diversity and inclusiveness and support the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
- Provide flexible, responsive and high quality service to all, be they students, community, or staff, and continuously assess processes and procedures and revise accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A degree, certificate, and/or work experience in data science, management information systems, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or similar technical discipline.
- Systematic and thoughtful approach to programming, reporting, and documentation.
- Ability to think outside-the-box to develop solutions to data access, dashboards, and reports.
- Demonstrated ability in data visualization and business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Cognos, Power BI) and in quantitative data analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with programmatic (e.g. SQL) approaches to manipulating large datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage databases with an emphasis on data integrity, data quality, and designing efficient processes and mechanisms to store and retrieve data.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and a collaborative approach to work.
- Experience that demonstrates the applicant has acquired and successfully applied the knowledge and abilities necessary to fulfill the job responsibilities.
- Advanced degree or certificate in data science, information systems, or similar credential.
- Work experience in database management and visualization/BI software.
- Expertise in SQL, dashboard and report development.
- Experience in an educational setting.