DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site allows the attachment of a cover letter, resume and supporting references to include address and telephone numbers of at least three references. For questions concerning the position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dakota State University is currently accepting applications for a Senior Statistician in the Office of Institutional Research (IR). The position will design, develop, and interpret institutional reports. The position will also be responsible for coordinating and submitting institutional surveys, standardized surveys and external data requests.
- Develop reports utilizing current and new data to evaluate colleges’ and units’ strategic plans, early alert activities, tutoring systems, and retention strategies.
- Design, update, implement, and promote the IR Dashboard (data display system).
- Compile, analyze, and edit statistical data from a variety of sources using SAS programs.
- Develop and test online surveys following best practices and user’s specifications.
- Serve as a liaison between the Office of Institutional Research and faculty and staff to determine survey needs.
- Coordinate collection of data for surveys.
- Ensure that accurate and timely information is provided to the survey vendors (e.g. strict deadlines are in place for external surveys).
- Conduct on-going best practice research to evaluate projects/programs.
- Work with faculty and staff to interpret institutional research reports and prepare summaries for campus committees.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated advanced spreadsheet, database software skills, as well as word processing and internet research skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, math, business, computer science, social science, or a related field.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Familiar with the higher education sector.
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques as it relates to higher education.
- In-depth knowledge of SAS, SQL, and Cognos.
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
Application Due Date: 2022-01-21
Job Start Date: 2022-02-10
Salary: $44000 - $54000
Institution: Dakota State University
Reports To: Director of Institutional Research
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Institutional Research
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
Top of List Post a Job