- For the highest consideration, please submit a resume cover letter and contact information for three professional references
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Leading the Financial Aid Office in technology projects.
- Building and maintaining strong customer relationships with software vendors and IT Services staff.
- Serve as the primary contact point for the Office of Financial Aid to engage IT Services in solution analysis services.
- Assist in the development of Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) and third-party solutions including implementing, enhancing, and testing financial aid application software.
- Provide critical thinking and problem-solving skills to assist in resolving complex technical problems.
- Implement designed financial aid processes and functionality to specifications.
- Ensure quality solution deployment through execution of solution test plans and scripts.
- Provide guidance to the financial aid areas in developing tests and training plans and materials.
- Lead the development of overall financial aid business solution designs including re-engineering business processes, organization, and application architecture.
- Support the design of financial aid business processes and integration of financial aid business systems.
- Develop and maintain a deep and broad understanding of financial aid system capabilities and alternative approaches to financial aid business solutions.
- Diagnose production support problems and implement solutions in the financial aid systems environment.
- Perform tasks dealing with analysis, design, development, and implementation of solutions serving financial aid business areas.
- Work independently and as part of a team, providing assistance to team members as required during the development cycle of assigned projects.
- Carry out detailed system design and write specs for development, executing high-level data integrity analysis and security of financial aid systems.
- Understand financial aid business issues and data challenges of our Purdue partners and higher education in general.
- Provide guidance to financial aid business areas in developing tests, training plans, and materials.
- Lead development of overall financial aid business solution designs including re-engineering organization of business processes and application architecture.
- Support the design of business processes and integration of financial aid systems.
- Perform specific tasks and provide deliverables within a project according to specifications and plans.
- Facilitate system solutions for financial aid business needs by configuring the software system.
- Provide quality oversight to tasks and deliverables.
- Escalate issues, identify risks, and recommend mitigation plans as required.
- Develop and maintain a deep and broad understanding of system capabilities and alternative approaches to business solutions.
- Develop and maintain expert technical knowledge of financial aid system capabilities.
- Write reports for the financial aid systems.
- Manage, plan, and implement user portion of software upgrades for the financial aid systems through research, testing, and documenting.
- Partner with the Office of Financial Aid, state and federal agencies, third-party vendors, and information technology staff in the analysis of processes and information needs, documenting project requirements for technical solutions.
What are the position essentials required as a Business Analyst?
- Minimum four years of experience in designing and developing business solutions.
- Experience with writing business requirements, test scripts, and training materials.
- Ability to effectively lead technology-related projects and communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences at various levels within the organization.
- Knowledge or experience in business process improvement methodologies, business modeling, and requirements definition principles.
- Ability to define business requirements and implement business process redesign.
- Ability to accept and instigate change.
- Ability to accept project priorities.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks and work independently.
- Working knowledge of a Banner module, overall Banner capabilities, or knowledge of system design and analysis practices.
- SQL or programming background.
What are the additional preferred requirements of a Business Analyst?
- Working in a university setting.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, Campus Logic Scholarship Universe, IBM Cognos, and/or Ellucian Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Experience working with Financial Aid student data.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Financial Aid regulations.
Purdue University Fort Wayne is located in Indiana’s second-largest city and offers a traditional campus experience within a thriving metropolitan setting. As part of the venerable Purdue University system, students earn undergraduate and graduate degrees from one of the most trusted and prestigious brands in higher education.
Comprising almost 600 beautiful acres on the banks of the St. Joseph River, the university conveys a significant presence in the region and boasts a modern campus that includes well-equipped classrooms, impressive research labs, first-rate student housing, popular restaurants and retail, and inviting gathering spaces. The campus serves as the epicenter of culture and entertainment for the region and presents thousands of lectures, musical performances, theatrical productions, art exhibitions, and sporting events annually.
With more than 8,000 students and 300 full-time faculty members, Purdue Fort Wayne is perfectly sized to offer small classes and individualized attention, yet large enough to have all the attributes of a major research university. Students have the opportunity to work alongside faculty to tackle real-world challenges through groundbreaking research, to create exciting new scholarship, and explore new facets of creative expression.
- Free tuition through Purdue University Global
- Fee remission for a traditional Purdue degree for yourself, spouse, and children
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance available on the first day of employment
- Additional voluntary benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Support for professional development opportunities
- Live and work in an affordable, family-friendly community