To be considered for this position, qualified candidates must submit the following at SREB careers:
- cover letter / letter of interest
- current resume
- salary range (please do not enter negotiable or 00000)
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for conducting a variety of complex investigations and analyses in the support of research projects, policy analysis and assigned initiatives.
What does an Analyst II do?
- Collects, analyzes and reports on data/research; assists with the refinement of research plans and tools.
- Assists in the compilation, publication and communication of research findings.
- Interprets data, determines correlations, and writes reports on findings.
- Responds to inquiries from stakeholders in regard to activities and projects.
- Monitors and interprets legal and regulatory requirements and other relevant issues pertaining to organizational programs and initiatives; evaluates their impact upon organizational and stakeholder.
- Performs surveys, interviews, observations or uses other methods according to established research protocols.
- Focus of responsibilities may be research or policy.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Assists with a variety of projects and initiatives related to department activities.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Represents the organization with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
What does it take to be an Analyst II?
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in social sciences, education or a related field; AND four (4) years of professional research experience in an educational or public policy environment; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
For this opportunity, we seek candidates with knowledge of:
Minimum Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of qualitative research.
- APA writing style.
- Data sampling and statistical analysis techniques.
- Functions and operational requirements of educational entities.
- Principles and practices of project management.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations related to activities.
- Computer applications/software related to the work.
- Record keeping practices and techniques.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Principles and practices of reviewing documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Techniques for interacting with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
Minimum Skill in:
- Reviewing documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Compiling and reviewing data and analyses.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing accurate and timely reports.
- Performing accurate calculations.
- Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
- Use of a variety software packages to perform job duties.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
Experience with workforce data.
Quantitative research skills including survey development and analysis.
Advanced skill with Excel.
Experience with SAS Visual Analytics or Tableau.
Experience in coding in R.
The Southern Regional Education Board works with states to improve education at every level, from pre-K through Ph.D. Our vision is that each child and adult in the SREB region will have high-quality educational opportunities that build on the rich diversity of the region and lead to productive, meaningful lives and robust economies.
SREB is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, organization based in Atlanta. We are an organization of professionals committed to our mission: helping states and educators improve student access and achievement to improve the social and economic vitality of the SREB region.
Our commitment to SREB team members includes these benefits:
- Flexible spending and health saving account options
- Short-term disability
- Generous time off and holidays
- Outstanding retirement plan