Under the primary direction of the Assistant Vice President of Operations and Student Services, and with a dotted line to the Director of Business and Administration, the Assistant Director of Enrollment Analytics is responsible for a variety of enrollment management group operations including reporting, data and return on investment analysis and assistance with enrollment systems duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists and works closely with the Assistant Vice President of Operations and the Director of Business and Administration on duties related to operations management, data collection, analysis, and strategy formation for all units with the EMG.
- Performs effective research, collection, and analysis of enrollment, registration, admissions and financial aid data. Utilizes data to build predictive models. Transforms data into easily interpreted formats, presentations and writings that effectively support management in decision making throughout the enrollment funnel. EMG liaison with Decision Support teams and channels in Power BI and elsewhere.
- Produces enrollment management, executive and ad-hoc reports.
- Writes, maintains and supports a variety of reports or queries in MS PowerBI, Excel, Cognos, Rapid Insight and Slate; increase use of new and available statistical systems in Slate and available at Duquesne such as SPSS, R, Python, etc. These reports are standard reports for ongoing department and funnel management and for external and internal customer needs.
- Maintains data integrity in systems by running queries, analyzing, validating and reconciling data.
- Produces ROI analyses to evaluate effectiveness of investments and expenditures of the EMG, as pertains to, but not limited to, both external vendors and internal offices.
- Provides all oversight, coding, cleansing, transforming and validation of data integration from Slate to Banner using the Axiom Software platform integration tool.
- Supports the enrollment division and Slate users from University departments in Slate best practice query and report development.
- Slate and integration maintenance of program checklist and material requirements and coding for custom portals.
- Researches, gathers, analyzes and summarizes information for a broad range of internal departments, staff members and administrators.
- Reports on trends, innovations and best practices in higher education.
- Utilizes external and internal data to build the undergraduate graduate international and all other lead purchase plans.
- Participates in the implementation of Enrollment Management based technology projects and performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- Attends admissions recruitment events (e.g., DuquesneFest, Fall Open House, etc.)
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in social sciences or applied social sciences, statistics, data science or analytics, computer science, information systems, business, mathematics or any related field from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Post-secondary education experience preferred.
- Experience with Slate CRM. Experience with MS PowerBI, Excel, Cognos, Rapid Insight and Slate preferred.
- Sensitivity to the need of each individual to be treated with dignity and respect as it relates to diversity in general and the Mission of the University specifically.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the University Community.
- Ability and willingness to contribute actively to the mission of the University and to respect the Spiritan Catholic identity of Duquesne University. The mission is implemented through a commitment to academic excellence, a spirit of service, moral and spiritual values, sensitivity to world concerns, and an ecumenical campus community.
The Enrollment Management Group (EMG) at Duquesne University includes Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate Enrollment Services, Financial Aid, Enrollment Operations and Student Services, Enrollment Marketing and Communications, Military and Veterans, and Guest Services. The EMG is responsible for the strategy and management of all facets of all enrollment for the University. The EMG’s constant focus is to meet or exceed enrollment and net revenue goals and collaboratively and consistently enroll, service, retain and graduate the correct number, academic quality and diversity of students that will provide the University with human and financial resources which are required to be competitive in the higher education marketplace and to meet its mission.
More information available at https://www.duq.edu/work-at-du/benefits.