METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will remain open until filled. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare state, federal, and college accountability reports according to documented requirements ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Utilize technology for collection, analysis and presentation of data.
- Conduct customized research and fulfill data and information requests as needed using student information system and other applicable databases.
- Design, coordinate, and/or conduct evaluation and research studies as assigned.
- Work with department-level staff and college teams to design and implement data collection, analysis, and reporting projects.
- Assist/mentor other college staff in research and statistical methods for data collection, including survey development.
- Assure accuracy of all information collected, using reliability and validity procedures to ensure the overall integrity of college data.
- Analyze results of data collection activities using appropriate statistical software or other procedures, interpret and present results.
- Write reports for data, research and evaluation projects and/or prepare presentations of results of research and evaluation projects (includes creating charts, tables, graphs and other data visualizations illustrating data and findings).
- Complete data surveys and questionnaires on behalf of Grand Rapids Community College.
- Complete data aggregation and analysis for required reporting by Grand Rapids Community College.
- Assist other staff in learning techniques necessary for data procurement, analysis, and presentation.
- Establish and maintain excellent cooperative working relationships with college, community, and agency partners.
- Communicate with internal and external customers in person or via telephone or email, respond to requests for information and/or discuss existing research projects.
- Make formal presentations of results of evaluation and research projects.
- Design and implement surveys and other data collection activities as required by research, evaluation, and/ or for college compliance and continuous improvement projects.
- Serve on department and/or college-wide teams or committees as appropriate.
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, information systems, computer science, education, social science or related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred.
- Three years of experience in institutional research work required, in a higher education setting highly preferred. Work experience must show the gathering and merging of data from various sources; tabulating or classifying data into prescribed formats, forms, or reports; and use of computers to retrieve, tabulate, and report.
- Experience with data systems, including technical understanding of data warehousing and data mining required.
- Experience with leading research and evaluation projects from project development through implementation and preparation of final reports required.
- Experience using data visualization methods and software (e.g., Tableau) preferred.
- Experience using student information systems, PeopleSoft preferred.
Date: January 4, 2022
Position Title: Research Analyst
Department: Institutional Research & Planning
Job ID: 1273
Work Hours/Schedule: 40 hours/52 weeks
Compensation: Meet & Confer – Grade 14, $ $55,749 per year
Reports to: Director of Institutional Research
Posting Close Date: Open until filled
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at www.grcc.edu/jobs. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will remain open until filled. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.
To Apply, visit: