Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and application to Ferrum College, Human Resources, P.O. Box 1000, Ferrum, VA 24088, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The College will begin accepting applications for this position immediately, and look to fill the position as soon as possible. A background check will be required of the successful candidate.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Ferrum College is accepting applications for the position of Director of Institutional Research and Planning. The successful candidate will develop, analyze and interpret institutional data and provide summaries, recommendations and reports to support decision making and the university's strategic initiatives. The individual will develop and maintain a database of information on students, academic courses, human resources, university finances, athletics, peer institutions and national data sources. The individual will work closely with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and will report directly to the President to support strategic planning, internal decision making, and external accountability.
Founded in 1913, Ferrum College is a private liberal arts college related to the United Methodist Church, offering liberal arts and professional programs such as Business, Recreation Leadership, Musical Theatre, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Teacher Education, and Criminal Justice. Ferrum College also offers graduate programs in Education, Psychology, and Coaching. Surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, numerous lakes, rivers and state parks, Ferrum College provides an outstanding educational experience in a setting of rich natural beauty.
Bachelor’s degree, Master's degree preferred, in social or behavioral sciences, education economics, statistics or other quantitative oriented discipline required.
Three years of progressively more responsible research experience, preferably in areas related to education, government, public policy, not-for-profit organizations, applied research, or financial analysis preferred.
Required Skills for Position:
• Knowledge of research design, scientific sampling, statistical analysis, and the ability to interpret data.
• Ability to write, revise and use programs to extract and compile data from the college’s student information system.
• Ability to develop accurate and functional reports, charts, and graphs through SPSS, Microsoft Excel, or data dashboards.
• Ability to develop, implement and analyze national surveys. (CCSSE, SENCE, Noel-Levitz).
• Ability and willingness to function as a team member in developing and implementing institutional research and institutional effectiveness projects.
• Ability to clearly and accurately communicate orally, and in writing, complex and/or technical information to audiences of varying educational levels.
• Ability to develop and understand MySQL database system.
Located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwestern Virginia, Ferrum is a four-year primarily residential college with easy access to the major metropolitan areas of Roanoke, Virginia (35 miles to the north) and Greensboro, North Carolina (70 miles to the south) where shopping, social, dining and entertainment opportunities abound. Surrounded by mountains, lakes, rivers and state parks, and numerous small towns brimming with regional heritage, Ferrum also boasts a wide variety of venues for outdoor adventure and recreation and cultural enrichment.
Ferrum offers 33 areas of study ranging from business and environmental science to teacher education and criminal justice, campus-wide wireless Internet, small class sizes, and a dedicated faculty. The 1,500 men and women who attend Ferrum come from 25 states and a dozen countries, and 80-plus percent live on Ferrum's 700-acre campus.