Link to job listing here.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning, the Institutional Research Specialist will help ensure the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of information developed and disseminated by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to support the College’s Mission. The Institutional Research Specialist will:
- Design, update and maintain data systems used in the office for institutional research and assessment purposes including specialized databases to track college interventions and initiatives.
- Download, match, merge and aggregate data from multiple systems and programs across the campus.
- Create and maintain data presentations and visualizations in printed and interactive (e.g. Tableau data dashboards) formats to effectively share data with the College community.
- Lead internal college and external constituencies in compiling and reporting data that will satisfy requests for information about the College.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff at the College to provide analyses of institutional and other data to support the operational, decision-making, and planning functions of the college.
- Works with the director to ensure that all stakeholders (internal and/or external) analyses needs are met on schedule, that the information provided is meaningful, useful and accurate.
- Organize and update institutional research and planning information posted on the College website.
- Participate in the production of reports and other documents needed for institutional and program accreditation.
- Protect the privacy and security of data, ensuring compliance with FERPA and other regulations.
Bachelor’s degree and four years’ related experience required.
- Bachelors in the social, psychological, statistics, computer science or related field; Masters is strongly preferred.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings.
- Knowledge of large-scale data systems, definitions, and procedures; previous experience with CUNY’s data management systems including CUNY First and the Institutional Research Database a plus.
- Experience with statistical software (SPSS preferred) and data visualization software (Tableau preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while providing high-quality and timely results.
Kingsborough Community College was founded in 1963 and is one of 23 campuses of the City University of New York (CUNY) system and offers liberal arts education, as well as career training programs. Kingsborough has been named one of the leading community colleges in the country by the Aspen Institute College Excellence Program. It has also earned national recognition for its creative and effective use of learning communities, for the large number of degrees it confers, for the high percentage of graduates who continue their studies, and for the innovative programs that draw thousands of non-traditional students to its campus every year.
Kingsborough serves a widely diverse population with approximately 70% of Kingsborough’s students enrolled in a liberal arts or science degree program; the rest pursue degrees in more specialized, career-oriented programs such as business, communications, criminal justice, culinary arts, nursing and allied health careers, information technology, journalism, maritime technology, tourism and hospitality, and the visual arts. The college takes pride in its many support programs that enhance student success. All students are offered individual, personal, and academic counseling; workshops to improve basic skills; and career planning and placement. Students enjoy the accessibility of Kingsborough faculty and administrators.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.