Senior Data Analyst, SMHS
- Develops and conducts standard reports to support and advise senior management and faculty in activities such as: market research; persistence, retention, graduation and equity metrics; enrollment including academic and demographic trends; and benchmarking.
- Directs division quality initiatives to enhance decision-making, problem solving, strategic planning, recruitment activities, enrollment management, program assessment, among others. Periodically reports on key performance indicators and tracks performance over time to assess effectiveness of initiatives and division progress.
- Executes division survey administration and data collection for academic operation, quality, and accreditation needs.
- Uses established enterprise reporting tools, develops queries for data extraction, reporting, and analysis, with an emphasis on automatization. May include identification of data structures and sources, validation of data, and/or access to multiple institutional data sources using programming languages.
- Applies rigorous quality assurance processes to ensure data accuracy and work collaboratively with various University offices to ensure data integrity.
- Collaborates with senior leadership and faculty to facilitate a culture of data- driven decision-making across diverse stakeholder groups in the division.
- Represents Health Sciences in University meetings related to data governance and related topics.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 3 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Health Sciences is a vibrant, diverse community of faculty, staff, and students across 50+ academic and research programs within the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. Our highly-ranked academic programs and translational research initiatives are dedicated to improving health and health care delivery. We embrace this vision by investing in people; living our social mission; influencing health professions education, healthcare policy and practice; and catalyzing innovation and socially-responsible entrepreneurism.
GW offers faculty and staff a selection of benefits programs that help to help you and your family thrive at various life and career stages. We continually evaluate our offerings to provide you with the most current, competitive and cost-effective programs.
Application Due Date: 2022-07-10
Job Start Date: 2022-08-29
Salary: $64000 - $95000
Institution: The George Washington University
Reports To: Assistant Dean for Academic Planning and Curriculum Management
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Office of the Senior Associate Dean for Health Sciences
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
Top of List Post a Job