The CSCU Business Intelligence Research Analyst integrates traditional institutional research responsibilities with business intelligence by implementing and expanding the office’s business intelligence and data governance initiatives.
- Design, develop and implement new data tools to facilitate decision making by CSCU system and institution leadership, faculty, staff and students; work closely with the CSCU Visual Communications Designer and other relevant internal and external experts in all phases of tool development.
- Integrate data sources and convert existing data sets and database resources into on-line data tools.
- Update, maintain and improve existing data visualizations and dashboards.
- Establish relationships with stakeholders as customers of system information.
- Develop guidelines for consistent presentation of business intelligence tools.
- Ensure data products are ADA compliant.
- Review, audit, and verify accuracy of institutional data; Identify data quality issues and work with appropriate staff to resolve as needed.
- Participate in data governance activities and workgroups as needed.
- Access data from Banner Enterprise System, Oracle data repositories and other data systems.
- Extract and prepare data to fulfill requests. Conduct analysis and write reports.
- Assist department with institutional research responsibilities.
- Assist in support and training of end users; provide user assistance and direction for self-service reporting tools; create user guides and facilitate data literacy of stakeholders
- Collaborate with other staff members to cross-train as necessary and support a cooperative work environment.
- Operate as team member both at the system and institution level; Serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties related to those above which do not alter the basic responsibility of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree. May come from a variety of quantitative backgrounds.
- Minimum three (3) years of demonstrated experience developing reports, dashboards, data visualizations and scorecards using business intelligence and visualization software.
- Experience with higher education issues and trends.
- Demonstrated competence with Tableau (preferred), Power BI or other data visualization tools.
- Experience incorporating principles of digital equal access that are necessary to comply with the American’s with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Amendments Act of 2008 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills for communicating with stakeholders (e.g. administrators, faculty, staff, students, public school systems, colleges and universities, state and local government).
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve a complex common goal.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while consistently meeting deadlines and managing time well.
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Self-motivated. Eager to learn and contribute while meeting deadlines.
- Experience querying and retrieving information from large databases, working with relational databases and data analysis and presentation of results in tabular, narrative and graphical formats.
- Proficient in leveraging resources available in enterprise databases. Demonstrates proficiency in data extraction, database querying and report generation.
- Fluent in Structured Query Language SQL. (Oracle dialect)
- Experience with SAS, SPSS, Python, Stata, Tableau.
- Experience with Banner Student Information Systems.