|Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references as one document electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference search # IT107 in the subject line.|
|The Research and Data Analyst works as part of a small team to collect, analyze, and report on institutional data in support of campuswide decision-making and outcomes assessment. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment, this position collaborates with Colleague programmers, the Enrollment Operations team, and staff from other departments to analyze trends and develop interactive dashboards and data visualizations. The position also assists with integrating data across all institutional information systems, the collection of data to fulfill external reporting requirements, responding to ad hoc data requests, and performing various quantitative analyses. The position may also involve managing the projects of student workers.|
- Produce high-quality reports and data visualizations, including the development and maintenance of interactive dashboards for commonly-requested data.
- Assist with the integration of data between Colleague ERP, CROA, Slate CRM, PowerFAIDS, Navigate, and other third-party systems. Extract, transform, and verify data from these systems to ensure their accuracy and consistency over time.
- Access and collect data from external sources (e.g., IPEDS, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.) to track key indicators for peer comparisons in support of strategic planning, annual budgeting, and enrollment management.
- Maintain and update OIRA data hosted on the College’s public-facing website as well as on the internal portal site in coordination with the Web Communications team.
- Coordinate the administration of annual student surveys (e.g., NSSE, ETS Proficiency Profile, etc.) and assist with the analysis and distribution of the results.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability in using the Microsoft Office Suite, including an intermediate or advanced knowledge of Excel (i.e., pivot tables, formulas, etc.).
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) as well as experience with programmable software (e.g., Rapid Insight, SPSS, SAS, etc.).
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to relay data issues in an organized and easily understandable manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer-service orientation, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a keen orientation to detail and concern for accuracy, as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability and desire to learn and use new software applications.
|Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a social science-related field or with coursework in statistics or quantitative research methods preferred.|
|Successful experience in a professional setting, preferably at an institution of higher education, as well as prudence in handling sensitive and confidential information.|
- HEALTH BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage; Employee Assistance Program; Wellness Program
- PAID TIME OFF: Earn between 18-23 days PTO per year; 14 paid holidays per year; Summer schedule
- DISCOUNTS: Flexible Savings Account; Discount Programs
- ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: 403(b) Savings; Life Insurance; Disability Insurance; FMLA; Tuition Reimbursement Program
PAID TIME OFF