- Serves as a key member of the FSE data team to support overall data management, data quality, and information needs for key decision-makers and FSE stakeholders (e.g., recruitment/retention data; student and class reporting; research reports; reporting in WorkDay; financial planning reports; budget reports; human resources reporting; Salesforce, etc.).
- Using a variety of reporting and visualization tools and knowledge of systems, data and processes, provides accurate, timely and consistent reporting and analysis.
- Receives data analysis and visualization requests, evaluates requirements, and recommends existing or new solutions.
- Explains analyses, plans, or analytical reports and dashboards to senior administrators; ascertains requirements for further data or analysis by asking appropriate questions to understand context.
- Serves as subject matter expert in research and human resources data.
- Writes or modifies SQL queries for PostgreSQL and Amazon Redshift.
- Develops and facilitates related workshops and/or training materials for staff in the use of reporting tools, data fields, and explains limitations of methodology related to problem analysis and measurement.
- Makes recommendations for enhancements to current procedures, including assessments of the effort involved, alternatives, and implications.
- Collaborates with team members, participates in user groups and professional organizations to stay up to date with new data sources and tools.
- May supervise or oversee the work of graduate service assistants or student workers.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Education, or related field AND two (2) years previous software support experience; OR, Any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of effective quantitative, analytic, and problem-solving skills mixed with curiosity and attention to detail.
- Experience with the principles, methods, and techniques of developing queries for reporting and data analysis.
- Functional or technical experience with higher education and ERP systems, including PeopleSoft, Workday, and/or Salesforce.
- Demonstrated knowledge with AWS products and tools, including Redshift.
- Experience in buildingqueries and reports with Alteryx, Tableau, SSRS-Report Builder, DBeaver, Hyperion Interactive Reporting (MyReports), and/or Excel/PowerQuery.
- Experience preparing data for surveys such as US News & World Report and writing ranking improvement plans.
- Experience translating SQL from various tools to efficiently running SQL in various databases.
- Able to download, merge, manipulate, analyze, and report on large amounts of complex data.
- Evidence of effective communication, including graphic presentation of data.
- Experience in asking questions pertinent to the purpose of any analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of predictive analytics and statistical modeling principles, methods, and practices.
- Experience working effectively in an environment requiring balancing multiple competing deadlines and priorities and in collaboration with a variety of individuals.
We partner across the academic community and industry to foster an environment that recruits, retains, and advances students. We provide learning opportunities based on student interests that complement classroom instruction. We focus on excellence in the delivery of academic services and programs that enhance scholastic achievement and personal growth. We are an engineering school on the rise in the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fifth largest metropolitan area.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.