How do I give you my resume?
Apply online at jobs.maricopa.edu
Search for Job 316843 or by search “Planning and Research Analyst Sr”
Applicants are highly encouraged to submit a cover letter that details how they meet minimum and desired qualifications. A cover letter may further highlight an applicant’s knowledge, skill and ability.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, indicate full or part time experience for each position held and name of employer for each position.
MCCCD does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas.
MCCCD will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act
What cool stuff does this job do?
The Academic Technology team at the Maricopa Community Colleges is seeking a dynamic data professional who is excited by the opportunity to collect, analyze, interpret, report and maintain enterprise data products. This role supports customers in the understanding and use of data for critical, enterprise-wide decision making. This position serves as a subject matter expert in district databases, metric methodology, and data reporting/visualization. Continue to enhance your skills in developing complex queries using SQL, Tableau and other modern tools to support enterprise-wide analysis and the development of compelling and effective data visualization solutions in this role.
And where will my time be spent?
30% - Designs interactive data views and dashboards to provide data delivery solutions to all 10 colleges and the District Office, primarily using Tableau tools
25% - Creates complex SQL queries to pull data from multiple relational databases to develop queries that can be packaged as published data sources for other developers and power users
25% - Performs complex, highly visible and potentially sensitive research and analysis; collects, compiles, analyzes, interprets and maintains enterprise data for use in decision-making; composes, reviews and finalizes original comprehensive and complex documents, reports and visualizations; coordinates large-scale and/or complex projects and studies having significant District-wide impact
15% - Serves as a subject-matter expert by providing professional level staff support, consultation and assistance to committees, departments and employees which may include performing research, authoring documents, making presentations and providing technical assistance; assists with the coordination of District-wide data collaboration5% - Performs other duties as assigned
So, to be considered I need to have...
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in any area and four (4) years of professional-level experience in research and analysis that includes responsibility for coordinating projects and programs.
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in any area and six (6) years of professional-level experience in research and analysis that includes responsibility for coordinating projects and programs.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and eight (8) years of professional-level experience in research and analysis that includes responsibility for coordinating projects and programs.
You'd like me to also have...
- Experience building data visualizations
- Experience creating SQL queries
- Experience analyzing and reporting data; preferably in a higher education setting
- Experience using Tableau Desktop in a Tableau Server environment
- Experience with advanced analytics techniques including forecasting and predictive modeling
- Experience authoring summaries of data findings and/or presenting data analysis
MARICOPA COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT (MCCCD)
Why you want to be here...
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year?
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you’re teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the country
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona’s Best Employers
MCCCD is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Our benefits package includes:
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with Employee Contribution Match
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Virtual: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness