The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) is offering an exciting career opportunity as an Institutional Assessment Coordinator. This is a 12-month, full-time, benefit-eligible position. This position is supervised by the Assistant Vice President of Institutional Research & Assessment. The Institutional Assessment Coordinator supports and facilitates institutional surveys, including those associated with course evaluation surveys and faculty and student surveys (NSSE/FSSE, senior surveys, etc.). The Coordinator will create reports that summarize survey data research in support of OIRA’s mission and vision. This position will manage the Assessment Management System (AMS). In addition, the Coordinator will help facilitate the use of assessment data across campus programs and units to support the institution’s culture of data-informed decisions and continuous improvement.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
South Dakota State University promotes access to and opportunities for all to receive the benefit of and participate in education, research, and service and is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to this land-grant mission of access.
- Master’s Degree completed by date of application;
- At least one year of demonstrated experience in survey design and analysis experience, as well as utilized survey tools (SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, etc.);
- Demonstrated expertise with statistical programming, data management, and research tools such as SPSS, R, Stata, SAS, Tableau, or others;
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint, including use of pivot tables, macros, etc.;
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills to ensure accuracy and integrity of data;
- Ability to download, merge, manipulate, analyze, and report on large amounts of complex data from various campus and departmental sources;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with college departments across the University and cross-functional teams;
- Effective written communication skills;
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Valid driver’s license, or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire, and willingness to travel.
- Master’s degree in a Social Science field, Education, or Statistics.
- At least three years of demonstrated experience in survey design and analysis experience, as well as utilized survey tools (SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize a wide variety of unrelated projects while under firm deadlines;
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve;
- Ability to utilize feedback to continuously improve processes;
- Demonstrated evidence and understanding of the concepts of diversity and multiculturalism and their application in the workplace;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of South Dakota State University.
South Dakota State University is the state’s largest, most comprehensive university with more than 200 academic programs, an enrollment of approximately 12,000 students, and over $60 million annual research expenditures.
South Dakota State University offers a rich academic experience in an environment of inclusion and access through inspired, student-centered education, creative activities and research, innovation and engagement that improve the quality of life in South Dakota, the region, the nation, and the world. Its employees embrace the university’s core values of being people-centered, expanding knowledge through creativity, embracing organizational and personal integrity, commitment to diversity of thought, and excellence through continuous improvement.