Senior Analyst/Data Scientist
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of References
- Analyze institutional data to increase institutional effectiveness in all areas of the University, prioritizing the needs of Academic Affairs. This requires in depth knowledge of data structure, data definitions and complicated database design. The incumbent will work with a team of OIRE and BIDE analysts to provide excellent customer service to OIRE’s internal customers.
- Applies advanced statistics including decision trees, random forests, naïve bayes, multi-level modeling techniques, clustering, and other advanced techniques and quantitative research methods to develop metrics and build exploratory, explanatory, and predictive models that inform decisions .
- Integrate R or Python models into visualization tools such as Power BI/Tableau
- With the Director, assist in the design of data literacy training for UNC stakeholders. Development of recorded sessions for on-demand availability, ad-hoc training, and development of workshop materials will be part of this task.
- Create detailed documentation of processes and reports.
- Professional development to maintain skill sets necessary to keep current in the field.
This position requires a person who has advanced statistical modeling and programming skills, advanced database programming skills (WebFocus/SQL), is self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team environment. A person in this position should understand the complexities of higher education and the interworking of an academic institution and the data associated with an ERP system.
This position may be eligible for remote work.
- A degree with an emphasis on statistics, data science or similar areas of study or equivalent work experience.
- 5-years of relevant professional experience working as a statistician, analyst, or report-writer.
- Programming experience with statistical tools such as SPSS, SAS, R, Python or Stata is required.
- Experience with computer systems, database structure, and report writing tools such as Web Focus, SQL Developer, MS Query, Cognos or Oracle Discover is required.
- Experience building advanced statistical models is required.
- Experience with Ellucian ERP (Banner) or other higher education ERP systems is desired.
- Knowledge of higher education is a plus
The University of Northern Colorado (UNC) is a public research university in the state of Colorado with more than 12,000 graduate and undergraduate students. The faculty and staff add another 1,400 members to the UNC community. UNC is a multipurpose institution offering a wide range of graduate and undergraduate degree programs in six academic colleges: Humanities and Social Sciences, Monfort College of Business, Education and Behavioral Sciences, Natural and Health Sciences, Performing and Visual Arts, and University Libraries. The University offers more than 2,000 academic courses.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits available include health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as a selection of several defined contribution retirement plans. Dependents and spouses of UNC Employees who are employed at 0.5 FTE or above are eligible for undergraduate dependent tuition grants of up to 50%. These tuition grants will cover in-state tuition charges. Further requirements may exist. Other benefits may be available based on position.
Application Due Date: 2022-09-01
Job Start Date: 2022-09-01
Salary: $67300 - $87745
Institution: University of Northern Colorado
Remote Work: May be eligible for remote work
Reports To: Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Staff # Reporting to Position: 4
Reports In Office: Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
Top of List Post a Job