For more information on this position and to formally apply, please visit HCC's employment page at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6160104.careers?ShowJob=436652338.
Questions may be directed to the Human Resources Office at 240-500-2585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIESAdministration of Assessment Processes
- Implements and ensures proper data collection policies and procedures.
- Adheres to data quality standards and ensures compliance.
- Administers assessments according to required guidelines.
- Prepares necessary data reports such as course evaluation reports and reports from survey data collection.
- Troubleshoots data submission errors and data error issues.
- Develops and maintains schedule of assessments and evaluations.
- Enters and maintains data and information in EvaluationKit by Watermark; retrieves course evaluation reports.
- Keeps up to date on technology and guidelines related to approved assessments.
- Works with faculty, staff and partners to provide technical assistance with evaluations and assessment.
- Actively participates in college committees related to assessment and evaluation.
- Analyzes data to improve program effectiveness and efficiency (ex. grade distribution reports).
- Analyzes data for all course evaluations and provides reports to stakeholders.
- Identifies assessment needs in conjunction with appropriate personnel, develops data collection systems, oversees data analysis and develops reports to support curricular improvement and student outcomes.
- Employs a variety of analysis techniques and software tools to conduct robust analyses.
- Tracks the progress of the institution's assessment efforts in support of accreditation needs.
- Provides data support to the Director of Institutional Research in completion of tasks such as the annual Fact Book.
- Actively participates in college committees related to data and analysis.
Major duties of the position .
- Oversees administration of credit and non-credit course evaluations.
- Supports campus constituents with campus surveys and related reports.
- Provides data support for assessment or related institutional research reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in psychology, education, or business with at least one year of experience in data collection, data analysis, and outcomes assessment. Experience with Microsoft Excel, EvaluationKit, Brightspace Desire 2 Learn, and Quality Matters preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with various individuals, representing themselves in a professional and courteous manner. Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy. Understands and applies privacy law and standards.
The Data and Assessment Specialist joins the PIE staff in scaling outcomes assessment and course evaluations across the college. This position will primarily be responsible for producing credit and non-credit course evaluation reports, assisting with institution-level data and assessments, and providing support to academic and non-academic departments in completing required continuous improvement activities.
This position will manage data collection and reporting for course evaluations, assessment projects, and provide support for other data needs on campus. Reports and presentations of assessment findings will be available to campus constituents.