To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled. Selected applicants will be contacted to participate in a telephone screening.
• Create and maintain databases for CGS project and enterprise data, including but not limited to the CGS/GRE Survey of Graduate Enrollment & Degrees, CGS International Graduate Admissions Survey, and Meeting Evaluations.
• Clean, merge, create, and recode variables to prepare data for analyses and other internal/external uses.
• Perform data quality assurance checks and identify potential problems with data.
• Prepare data tables, figures, presentations, and other visualizations for internal and external consumption.
• Assist in answering or routing questions related to the CGS projects and enterprise data collection efforts.
• Provide administrative support for the CGS Research and Policy Forum.
• Perform other research and related duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree is strongly preferred, especially in relevant fields (e.g., education measurement, mathematics, statistics, economics, public policy, survey methodology, sociology, etc.).
• Basic proficiency in Excel and Excel Macro is required.
• Familiarity or experience with SPSS and SPSS Syntax, Stata, and online survey technology (e.g., Qualtrics) is required.
• Having sound experience using descriptive statistics (e.g., frequencies, mean, median, etc.) is required.
• High proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite applications is required, including proficiency in preparing and formatting data in written and graphic formats.
• Prior experience in managing datasets, including working for an institutional research unit, is preferred.
• Must be a highly motivated professional who can work with minimal supervision, and be able to work effectively and collegially in a team environment.
• Highly organized and detailed oriented.
• Experience in data analytics. Demonstrated ability to use web-based data dissemination and visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) is a plus.
• Creativity: Generates new ideas, supports change, provides innovative solutions, solves problems creatively.
• Communication: Understand and communicate effectively with others using a variety of contexts and formats, which include writing, speaking, reading, listening and interpersonal skills.
• Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
• Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
• Physical Requirements: Ability to work in an office environment. Long periods of sitting; need to be able to lift 10 pounds.
• Travel: No travel
CGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, an employee’s right to breastfeed, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity (including transgender and transitioning status), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), marital status, family responsibilities, genetic information, personal appearance (subject to business standards), political affiliation, veteran or military status, matriculation, tobacco use, credit information, victim of or the family member of a victim of domestic violence, a sexual offence, stalking, or engagement in a related, protected activity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.