The Associate Reporting Analyst serves as a resource for information on institutional data for the University. The Associate Reporting Analyst:
- Is responsible for gathering, analyzing, documenting, and summarizing data, submitting information to appropriate internal stakeholders and external agencies.
- Extracts data from various university systems, validating information for accuracy, completing requests, and providing thorough documentation for numerous cyclical projects.
- Utilizes programs including Tableau and Excel to produce reports in a variety of formats.
- Proactively identifies data issues and devises solutions to improve data quality.
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Bachelor’s degree
- 0 -2 years of experience
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with large datasets
- Ability to:
- Understand and analyze quantitative information
- Work effectively on several projects simultaneously
- Compose accurate and clearly written reports and documents
- Work independently within basic guidelines and parameters and with minimal supervision
- Engage in proactive and creative problem solving
- Think critically and analytically
- Manage complex projects
- Meet critical deadlines
- Manage multiple assignments, deadlines and priorities
- Must be detail-oriented, possess maturity in judgment, and the ability to get along with widely diverse personalities
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of integrity while professionally handling confidential data
- Familiarity with institutional research and/or higher education more broadly
- Familiarity with IPEDS, the Common Data Set and University rankings
- Working knowledge of Tableau or other data visualization software
- Experience working with student and faculty information system data
- Basic knowledge of HTML, WordPress, or other web design/publishing language/software