This position will lead a new unit focused on data analytics and decision support, providing a publicly visible presence in state and national research and analytics communities. Under the general direction of the Chancellor, the Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic direction to the system’s data analytics, decision support, and data democratization efforts, in collaboration with senior system leaders and campus presidents, research staff, and faculty. This position serves as the public face of the system within state and national research and analytics communities and is a member of the Chancellor’s Cabinet.
Education: Master’s degree required
Professional Licensure/Certification: None
Type and Length of Experience:
- Demonstrated success in advancing equity and inclusion
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in either public or private higher education organization, with direct experience in data analytics and decision support
- Demonstrated success in conducting advanced statistical analysis and modeling
- Experience working with complex data sets and analytic tools, and the ability to adapt to new tools and data environments as technology evolves
- Demonstrated ability to influence behavior and lead change without direct positional authority
- Experience of successfully building coalitions and collaborating with faculty and staff researchers and analysts
- Experience formulating and successfully implementing projects with collaborative leadership and team strategies
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education: Doctoral degree preferred
Type and Length of Experience:
- Experience conducting advanced analysis at both the system and campus levels, and the ability to integrate the two into meaningful information for action
- Demonstrated understanding of change management and success in leading successful change efforts
Minnesota State is the largest single provider of higher education in the state. With 37 institutions, including 30 community and technical and seven state universities, Minnesota State serves 64 percent of the state’s undergraduate student population.
We employ more than 14,800 dedicated faculty and staff focused on student success. We provide essential training and specialized certification options for business, industry, and professionals throughout Minnesota.The work location is in the heart of downtown St. Paul, right in the skyway system. Benefits include excellent low cost and low deductible health and dental insurance, retirement package, tuition waiver at Minnesota State institutions (after three years of employment) and flexible working hours.
At Minnesota State we promote the ability for our employees to move within the Minnesota State system of Colleges and Universities, located throughout the State of MN. To learn more, please visit: Work at Minnesota State!
At Minnesota State, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical ($37.74 per month single and $257.50 per month family) and dental insurance with low deductibles ($250 – $1500), a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.