The Senior Program Analyst conducts professional-level data reporting and analysis as well as program implementation and assessment. This position serves on a team that is responsible for continuous institutional organizational improvement, collaboration, accountability and professionalism through the use of data, statistical, financial, and program analysis.
The Mission Advancement and Accountability Division (MAAD) is seeking a highly skilled professional passionate about quantitative research and data reporting/analysis. The Senior Program Analyst will work with a team of analysts to design and produce data reports and to conduct research on various operational and policy issues. The position involves working closely with different State Bar offices to understand their operational procedures and business needs to meet their reporting and research needs. Knowledge of data visualization tools and/or excellent data report writing skill is highly desirable.
Examples of Essential Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leads either the data visualization projects OR designs and implements the assessment/evaluation of projects for different programs in the State Bar.
- Analyzes data from the State Bar’s information systems to support institutional performance analysis and program evaluation.
- Writes data reports and communicates the results with a variety of audiences.
- Critically evaluates the existing studies/programs/reports and makes recommendations for further improvement of data reports and products.
- Conducts both quantitative and qualitative research when needed.
- Manages research projects as assigned.
- Works with internal customers and stakeholders to understand the results of analyses that are conducted, and to operationalize changes in practice or procedure that are implicated by those results.
- Performs a number of other similar or related duties which may not be specifically included within this position description, but which are consistent with the general level of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that develops skills related to essential duties, or equivalent academic achievement. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in data collection and evaluation, research or performance or financial auditing
- Master’s degree in a relevant field may substitute for up to two (2) years of experience.