This position will remain open until filled. To apply please submit a letter of application and a resume in confidence to Human Resources, StFX University at email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
StFX is located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People.
StFX is seeking candidates who are committed to contributing to our priorities of equity, diversity, and inclusion. A demonstrated ability in fostering a climate of inclusion and cultural safety is a strong asset. Preference will be given to applicants who bring lived experience of historically excluded groups.
We are also committed to the elimination of barriers to participation for persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-867-5038.
Reporting to the AVP&P, this position provides leadership around institutional analysis and research, particularly related to academic institutional data management, research and planning in the Office of the AVP&P. The ability to design and implement modern practices related to the collection, analysis and reporting on institutional data is vital to the success of the incumbent in this position. The position also has responsibility for the University’s academic budget in close coordination with the Director, Finance. This position works closely with the Vice-President, Finance and Administration, Deans, Registrar and other senior University administrators in carrying out their duties.
- Compile, analyze and provide support for the University’s ongoing planning processes by reporting key metrics and identifying areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Develop standardized practices for collecting, analyzing and interpreting data to ensure data accuracy and integrity in all reports that are created and disseminated.
- Acquire, manipulate, develop, and maintain longitudinal data sets, verifying accuracy and consistency over time, in the context of evolving requirements regarding reporting institutional facts.
- Design, execute, analyze, communicate, and consult on the results of ongoing and one-time analytical studies using appropriate inferential statistics.
- Lead projections and budgeting for the University’s academic functions, including coordination, compilation, review and analysis.
- Support financial sustainability and development of new and existing programs.
- Provide finance support and oversight for academic and research functions.
- Master’s Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Public Administration or a similar field (or combination of skills and experience)
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in a related position, preferably at a University or other post-secondary institution.
- Requires advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Requires experience with open-source data platforms and coding (R, Python).
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation preferred.
- Experience supervising and providing leadership to staff preferred.
- Strong report writing and oral presentation skills and the ability to present complex topics to a diverse audience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner.
- Highly organized; able to produce high quality work and meet deadlines under pressure.
StFX is a top-ranking Canadian, primarily undergraduate university focused on academic excellence, innovation in teaching and research, service to society and international outreach. Founded in 1853, StFX has a long and proud tradition as one of Canada’s oldest universities. For almost 165 years, we have cultivated our strong and resilient spirit, dedication to intellectual rigour, and commitment to engaging students who aspire to be community-minded citizens of the world.