For consideration please submit resume, letter of interest, and contact information for three professional references in the attachments section of your application at http://daemen.applicantpro.com. Incomplete packages will not be considered.
Daemen University is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly at https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/
- Manage and organize a process for data/information project completion and delivery, including new, recurring, and ad hoc projects and requests
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research efforts as needed for academic and administrative departments, producing actionable written reports
- Develop and deliver presentations of data at all campus levels, particularly written, executive-level summaries of survey and data warehouse-sourced information
- Oversee the collection of academic and administrative trend information and analyze, evaluate, and present the results (e.g. Fact Book, Common Data Set)
- Use a variety of software to edit, organize data, and present reports
- Manage the administration of student surveys, their analyses, and the presentation/publication of results
- Ensure that all data reports from IR are of the highest quality and useful for decision-making by university leadership
- Support institutional accreditation efforts both at the academic program and institutional levels by supporting data and information needs for mandatory reports
- Work closely with other offices to gather and/or present information about Daemen University to external audiences (e.g. Peterson's, US News, Open Doors, NCAA, and various local media outlets)
- Collaborate with Information Technology on the collection, analysis, and warehousing of institutional data
- Provide guidelines and support for university offices' internal survey and assessment needs
- Share good practice, data, and tools with a wide variety of decision-makers
- Promote data literacy among faculty, staff, and administrators
- Serve as Accreditation Liasion officer (ALO)
- Serve as a member of institution-wide committees particularly in areas of data and information, retention, strategic planning, and others as assigned
- Perform other projects and tasks as assigned
- Master's degree in relevant business or higher education-related field
- Three or more years of experience applying skills in the field of higher education institutional research or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based, deadline-oriented environment; the ability to effectively manage complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects and competing priorities
- Competency in managing and conducting organizational research in an academic enterprise or other complex organization
- Well-developed research skills, statistical skills, and analytical abilities; experience using SPSS for data analysis and experience using various relational databases (e.g., Oracle, Access)
- Ability to interact and deal effectively with diverse groups of people and work with a wide variety of leadership styles at all levels of the organization, including senior executives.
- Strong understanding of higher education policies and practices
- Strong organizational and project management skills, strong problem-solving skills, high quality standards and attention to detail
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and demonstrated ability to produce significant reports/documents
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong diplomacy skills; ability to handle the conflicting needs of multiple constituents.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience with student information systems (SIS). Ellucian Colleague preferred or others such as Ellucian Banner, Oracle/PeopleSoft
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
Daemen University is a private, nonsectarian university in Amherst, N.Y., offering undergraduate and graduate level degrees. We encourage our students to be creative, innovative, ethically-minded leaders for an ever-changing, diverse, and interconnected world.
It starts right here with the intellectual strengths acquired through the liberal arts and the preparation necessary for professional excellence. Here, we create spaces for belonging and support students as they build their legacy.
Daemen encourages its students and alumni to move their dreams, vision, and values forward and to shape their community and make meaningful contributions to society. It all begins with a Daemen education.
BENEFITS/STATUS: This is a full-time, salary, exempt, 12 month. Position is administration/salary and includes full University benefits and professional development opportunities.
Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8% employer match after one year of service. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.