• Manage large data sets of educational and clinical performance data.
• As circumstances require, the Health Research Analyst will apply scientific acumen in roles as principal investigator, contributing investigator, or consultant for studies involving ACGME’s educational data. The Health Research Analyst will design methodologically sound research studies alone and in collaboration with others.
• The Health Research Analyst will lead the design protocols and will assist in drafting parts of protocols under the direction of others, as circumstances dictate.
• Prepare data for analysis alone or for use by other colleagues, to include editing data, data matching and crosswalks, creating variables, and selecting data elements for use in analysis with high attention to detail.
• Analyze data from commercial and federal health insurance claims, registry data, survey data, and data from electronic health records and similar sources to support research efforts of the ACGME.
• Adhere to standards spelled out in data use agreements and in the AGME’s data governance policies.
• Provide staff support to research working groups and committees.
• Four or more years of related career experience compiling, cleaning, and editing, commercial insurance claims data, federal health data, registry data, and data from electronic medical records.
• Expertise in merging and appending large health care data sets from numerous sources.
• At least one year of experience aligning claims data with guidelines for clinical care or indicators of health care quality (for example Choosing Wisely, AAFP Clinical Recommendations, NCQA, HEDIS).
• At least one year of experience writing commands in SQL, Python, or R for data preparation purposes (i.e., retrieval, merger, audit).