The Data Architect is the subject matter expert in information design. This individual must possess a combination of data modeling and analyzing functional business requirements. The ideal candidate has broad knowledge of industry best practices in data architectures (Dimensional/Multi dimensional, Star and Snowflake designs), data tools (Oracle and SQL Server knowledge preferred) and should be able to communicate well with the end-user community translating their needs into high performance designs.
In addition to the design of performant transactional and reporting structures, the Data Architect plays an important role for data quality and other data governance functions. This position has the skills to address operational needs as well as business and security functions to make Boston College data understandable and safe.
This position manages the structuring of University data across the many functional uses of data at the University. Additionally, is responsible for design, documenting and deploying of technical data architecture to meet business needs. Manages resources to ensure that the priorities are effectively met.
Must be able to provide solutions that will succeed within our application framework and be able to integrate with the technologies used to support our database administration and data integration tools. Responsible for developing solutions that meet the security constraints for ITS Security, our auditors, and business partners. Must meet the delivery information in a timely and manageable manner to meet service level agreements.
Title and salary commensurate with relevant experience: 120k - 141k
- Expert analyst skills for requirements development and technical specifications
- Ability to work under a formal software development lifecycle
- Expert knowledge of data warehousing methodologies (e.g. Kimball)
- Proficient Knowledge of ETL platforms (IBM DataStage and associated WebSphere technologies preferred)
- Proficient knowledge of following Oracle skills: SQL, PL/SQL, ETL tool sets,
- Expert knowledge of applying security to data
- Strong MS SQL Servers and ability to integrate these environments
- Expert knowledge of data modeling and use of data modeling tools
- Proficient knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Cognos )
- Understanding of AI data-related tool (e.g. Thoughtspot)
- Expert knowledge of Data Governance processes and supporting technologies
- Strong logical and physical data modeling skills
- Experienced trainer, facilitator, and course developer
- Data Mart Design skills
- Experience with source management tools (e.g. Git)
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Must be available to address critical system issues during off hours.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.