Senior Research Associate
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA73Gz at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, CV, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
About the Position:
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning (OIEP) is seeking a Senior Research Associate to provide collaborative and partnership support that engages stakeholders in data-informed strategic, operational, and tactical decisions. This position will:
- Perform complex analyses, forecasting, and modeling utilizing data from multiple internal, as well as external sources;
- Work with units across campus to develop data collection mechanisms, build bridges to integrate data into a cohesive student experience model that will then be transformed into data visualizations to enable the evaluations and assessment of initiatives and the deployment of key performance indicators for senior leadership; and
- Extract, integrate, and manage data files to support OIEP’s effort in responding to and completing data requests and responding to multiple external surveys e.g., CDS, College Board, Petersons, Times Higher Education (THE), U.S. News, etc.
- Execute complex quantitative analyses in support of data informed strategic decision-making and external reporting. Topics include, but are not limited to, retention, persistence, completion/degree production, time to degree/credits to degree and career outcomes, institutional performance benchmarking, and ad-hoc studies based on current higher education developments;
- Create accessible and dynamic data visualizations and dashboards for campus use that inform and advance strategic decision-making across the institution broadly and within the schools/colleges and senior leadership;
- Work with units across campus to develop data collection and management processes and provide training/coaching to personnel on best practices in data collection, management, and reporting;
- Support cross-functional teams in the development of data integrations and tools that align disparate data sources;
- Contribute to the development of assessments using qualitative and quantitative research methods; and
- Perform other special and ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in quantitative disciplines such as Business Administration, Public Policy, Statistics, Educational Research, or a related discipline;
- Full-time professional experience of at least five years of demonstrated progressive experience with institutional research/institutional effectiveness;
- Knowledge of ERP such as Banner, PeopleSoft, SAP;
- Knowledge and experience using SQL programming language with the ability to create SQL queries;
- Experience programming in a statistical analysis package;
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases to extract and merge data from multiple sources;
- Working knowledge of a visualization tool such as SAS Viya, Tableau, Power BI, or R Shiny;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in statistical analysis, including multivariate statistics and research design;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with various technical and non-technical audiences;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; and
- Experience in survey and assessment reporting platforms (i.e., Qualtrics, Baseline, Tk20, Taskstream, Compliance Assist).
- Doctoral degree;
- Full-time professional experience of at least seven years of demonstrated progressive experience with institutional research/institutional effectiveness; and
- Experience programming in SAS.
The George Mason University Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning (OIEP) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the position of Senior Research Associate. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Application Due Date: 2022-10-02
Job Start Date: 2022-11-10
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Institution: George Mason University
Reports To: Director of Co-Curricular Assessment
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Planning
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
Top of List Post a Job